Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Lol at the comparisons to the Niners roster.

Jimmy G has a cap hit of 12 million dollars this year. 16 million less than Rodgers.

The Niners have had the 9th, 2nd, 14th, and 3rd overall picks as their pick. Apply that to the 2nd/3rd/4th round draft order.

These are the things you can do without paying your QB and with your QB not keeping you in NFL purgatory.

Why are we comparing these rosters?

Literally every failure of Gute can be attributed to the Packers culture. He does not lack in acquiring talent, he lacks in acquiring football players.

The last first round pick the Patriots spent on a defensive player was 32nd overall... Seven years ago.

The Packers have spent 8 first round draft picks on defensive players since 2015. The Patriots haven't finished outside of the top 10 in points allowed. The Packers finished in the top 10 twice.

It's not a talent question, it's a culture question.

Why do people think our players go to different teams and suddenly look twice as good as they ever looked here?

Oren Burks, remember him? Dude just had a career high in tackles.

Dre Greenlaw? Fred Warner? Sorry to Packfanfb, but if they were here they'd have been ruined.

It's the same **** on offense. MVS as a third/fourth option was just 3 yards short of a career high in yards.

Jared Cook left and he goes off for 896 yards and 6 touchdowns and then 705 yards with 9 touchdowns and 500 yards with 7 touchdowns at 31, 32, 33 with Derek ****ing Carr.

Adams just had a career high YPC. Second best yardage, second best TD season.

Micah Hyde turned into an all-pro safety when we were using him as a ****ing boundary corner at times, and when he wasn't playing boundary corner he was playing the star role. We had Randall playing boundary corner when he was a star or "free" safety. We're playing Darnell ****ing Savage as a safety half the year, then we switch him to the role he's best at and he finishes the season playing like he's some diamond in the rough we just discovered when he was a first round pick.

We've been putting Jaire ****ing Alexander, a corner who drinks the tears of high ego receivers, playing soft ****ing zone coverage. We let Justin Jefferson butt **** us in the first week of the season and then Jaire finally gets his way and holds him to a single catch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NgS0BZg9pY

Look at this ****ing play. This is the **** we've been dealing with ever since we hired Pettine. Jaire spoke about this play and he literally said that Pettine wanted him to play that zone. Nobody was there. If he had done what he was supposed to, he'd be covering some part of the bottom of your screen doing **** all.

Do any of you ****ing watch Jaire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5_QiB5MPBE

Look at this ****ing video and tell me this player should be playing soft zone coverage.

You've got a ****ing highlight reel five ****ing minutes long of him wrecking plays at the line of scrimmage, tackling at about 30 pounds heavier than he is (meaning he's tackling players like he weighs 30 pounds more than he does), ripping the ****ing ball out of a tight end's hands, bear ****ing Kirk Cousins in the end zone for a sack and we're making him sit back there in soft coverages?

And that's one ****ing player. You're going to sit there and watch him play and tell me we don't have any blue chip players on this defense?

Look at Rashan ****ing Gary. The very first play you've got this ****er levitating through a low block and grabbing onto the QB like he's Harry ****ing Potter on a broom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYYWrHLlRPw

Slow this ****ing video down at 1:39 and watch this ****. You've got Rashan Gary pulling Ben Roethlisberger away from the ball. He rips at him so hard Roethlisberger's body leaves the ball. The same game he's ****ing Lebroning over the tackle to get Roethlisberger. I don't think there's an EDGE in the NFL who has the burst Gary has.

This team has talent, it's just led by a bunch of PABs.

If this team was coached by literally any defensive coordinator who didn't have his balls literally ripped off violently, the talent we have would be used in an attacking, no mercy, every yard is a personal insult kind of way. We don't do that. We have this literally stunted idea that all we have to do is keep teams from scoring too quickly.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Rodgers being one arrow is hilarious. Bosa two arrows over Gary is also funny.

Bosa is a DPOY finalist.  I don't think Gary is in that neighborhood.

Rodgers didn't play better than the QB collective from SF.  if you want to go on the career arc, then CMC probably gets a bump up over Jones

I'd say Bakh = Williams if not giving Williams the arrow.

I dont think deebo is better than Watson. hard disagree. 1/3rd of targets for equal production. Dillon is a better runner than Deebo. Love Deebo, this is a vast overrate. 

Deebo has a 1st team All Pro season.  Dillon is a better runner than Deebo.  Mitchell is a comparable runner to Dillon.  Deebo is significantly better runner than Watson

I agree Amos and Campbell took huge steps back.

So TE, S, ILB are their greatest advantages over our squad. 

I think part of the reason the defense is soft is the overall game strategy the Packers seem to use which is…Rodgers won’t turn the ball over and will make enough big plays to win.  So as long as the defense doesn’t give up big plays, they should win.

Obviously this breaks down on a number of levels, and takes a lot for granted.  I don’t agree with it, and would like to see the defense be tougher and have a real identity too.  But that’s my guess as to what the coaches are thinking and why they do what they do

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Oh no I don't agree with someone on the internet therefore they should be silenced.

Amen Brother!

Don't care if you agree with Campbell or not, he has a right to speak his mind. 

Edited by Old Guy