Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Well there are plenty of countries you can move to where that's welcomed. Usually doesn't end up well for the people living there though.

IDK if you've looked around at America with your eyes truly opened lately but....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Well there are plenty of countries you can move to where that's welcomed. Usually doesn't end up well for the people living there though.

Lol, yeah Germany's got a great history of allowing "dissenting opinions" to really flourish unchallenged.

Have never figured out why so many people think freedom on speech means freedom of repercussions of speech.

People REALLY need to learn some history and what freedom of speech ACTUALLY was intended to protect, and from whom.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Have never figured out why do many people think freedom on speech means freedom of repercussions of speech.

They figured it out. They want to silence others all the time. They want to mock **** they say that they don't agree with. It's all an act.

That being said, yes there are morons that have no clue what FoS really is but most of them understand it more than they pretend.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Lol, yeah Germany's got a great history of allowing "dissenting opinions" to really flourish unchallenged.

Have never figured out why do many people think freedom on speech means freedom of repercussions of speech.

People REALLY need to learn some history and what freedom of speech ACTUALLY was intended to protect, and from whom.

I think NAZI Germany is an actual great history lesson as to why there needs to be both sides being heard. Look at the Brown Shirts. Their sole purpose was to oppress opposition speech. Their job was to intimidate so the other side could be marginalized. 

Maybe relate it to what is happening now, to a much lesser degree, in America. History always has a way of repeating itself. Genocide never happened because there was too much debate. It happens when one side gets marginalized and are not allowed to speak. 

Actual science is all about vigorous debate until you can rule things out. Not at all what has been happening lately. 

I'm not getting any deeper into this, because you are dug in with your beliefs and so am I, so it serves no purpose. 

Edited by Old Guy

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If I was President of the United States, nothing would change.

I really need to just be world dictator.

I would solve all of the Earth’s problems and nobody would hate me.

Lots of people would you for solving problems because lots of people like problems.  It gives them something to ***** about.  And lots of people need someone to hate.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

3 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Lots of people would you for solving problems because lots of people like problems.  It gives them something to ***** about.  And lots of people need someone to hate.

Simple, I would let them do math.

That one was easy. Next?

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm literally the exact opposite. The only belief I loyally adhere to is the belief in ever-changing science and my reliance on the latest, convincing version of it.

But I believe you are dug into yours as you admit :)

You know....I hate to admit it Incog....but sometimes you can make sense :)