Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

32 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

My thoughts on Myers at center.

If you have to look at PFF to determine if he is good or not, then he's fine.

To me, I didn't really notice him this past year.  Good or bad.

What I did notice is meh guard play around him.  Poor play with Hanson and Newman.  

And that's a big part of center play...communicating with the guards next to you for combos...etc.

He's a very large man and he can move.  If we do draft a center who beats him out of the center spot, I hope he gets a crack at guard.

But I'm not really a guy who watches and grades individual players, so i rely on people like PFF or Andy Herman to grade and form my opinion for me.

And in my mind you look at the weakest links on offense and defense when you think about roster construction. Hanson and Newman were backups, so I don't think about their poor play as much. I just really want to know if the forum thinks they can handle another season with Myers at Center.

Edited by pgwingman
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

But I'm not really a guy who watches and grades individual players, so i rely on people like PFF or Andy Herman to grade and form my opinion for me.

And in my mind you look at the weakest links on offense and defense when you think about roster construction. Hanson and Newman were backups, so I don't think about their poor play as much. I just really want to know if the forum thinks they can handle another season with Myers at Center.

Again, if you watch a game and don't really notice the center being bad, it's fine.

Like when I watch Bradbury play...he gets wedgied and swirleed by nose tackles.  That doesn't happen to Myers.

So yeah, I can handle another season with Myers.  Also not opposed to trying to upgrade in the draft and see if Myers can claim a different spot.

RT is the weak link right now, then it is probably a toss up between center and right guard (Runyan).  But I feel like you can win and be fine with Myers and Runyan.  We do need to lock down RT.  And maybe that is Caleb Jones.  Maybe it is the Humper (I forget his name).  Maybe it is Nijman with an off season of training at that spot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

RT is the weak link right now, then it is probably a toss up between center and right guard (Runyan).  But I feel like you can win and be fine with Myers and Runyan.  We do need to lock down RT.  And maybe that is Caleb Jones.  Maybe it is the Humper (I forget his name).  Maybe it is Nijman with an off season of training at that spot.

A fair point. I forget that Nijman hadn't played RT until this season, so I assume he's got upside left there. Runyan will be a free agent soon so I assume he's a gotta be backed up in this draft.

Caleb Jones and Rasheed "The Humper" Walker probably compete for backup at each position.

LOL

Ryan Wood -   Aaron Rodgers tells Pat McAfee Show he still hasn't decided if he wants to play football in 2023: "It's going to be a little bit more time for my decision. I feel confident that in a couple weeks, I'll feel definitely more strongly about one of two decisions."

///

I feel that in a couple of weeks I'll feel how I'm feeling about my future feelings. Keep in touch....

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL

Ryan Wood -   Aaron Rodgers tells Pat McAfee Show he still hasn't decided if he wants to play football in 2023: "It's going to be a little bit more time for my decision. I feel confident that in a couple weeks, I'll feel definitely more strongly about one of two decisions."

///

I feel that in a couple of weeks I'll feel how I'm feeling about my future feelings. Keep in touch....

I have faith the he will make the correct decision.

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hope he is fine being the villain in GB and tells the Packers he wants a trade.  Getting a pick/s for a guy that is wishy washy about playing football seems like a major win to me at this point.

I feel the fan base at this point would declare him a hero if he asked for a trade. A lot of people are flat out done with his crap. 

• Like 6

What is hanging up his "decision" is his continued attempt to control every situation.

He doesn't want to retire, he has nearly 60 million reasons this year to play thanks to our bonehead front office.

He wants as much control he can get from GB or whatever team, and to get that one must play coy.  One must own that very "decision".  If he stays or if he is traded he wants his boys with him, as many as possible.  Along with a supporting cast which will allow him to pretty up his personal stats.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL

///

I might be the only one but a couple more weeks, after the Super Bowl and a few weeks away from trades happening. I get the feeling there is a deal worked out to send him someplace.

Rodgers is biding his time so there isn't a lot of time between his decision and the trade. Less times he has to discuss the 'possibility,' since he knows it's a done deal. 

51 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I might be the only one but a couple more weeks, after the Super Bowl and a few weeks away from trades happening. I get the feeling there is a deal worked out to send him someplace.

Rodgers is biding his time so there isn't a lot of time between his decision and the trade. Less times he has to discuss the 'possibility,' since he knows it's a done deal. 

Jacob Morley -   The general reaction to this is interesting.

Fans seem fed up.

Feels like Rodgers wants GB to initiate the breakup so he can be the one getting dumped and we can hand him his tissues.

But at this point, is anyone buying that?

Just my 2 cents.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Packers gave him a sweetheart deal to retire like they tried to give Favre and Rodgers walks away from playing. Something structured to give the Packers major cap relief, the Packers may value that more than trade capital right now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The right decision would probably be to retire.  If he doesn't know whether he wants to play football it's probably time to hang up the cleats.

IDK if I wanna go to work tomorrow either though

• Like 1