Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Norm said:

IDK if I wanna go to work tomorrow either though

I'll bet you would work for 26 weeks next year if your employer gave you $59 Million dollars.  (at least that is the yearly cash number on Spotrac)

Or...what if you just worked 26 weeks and made a piddly $31.6M?  (Cap hit)

Yeah, you'd sprint out of bed for those 26 weeks.  Hell I'd bet you'd even give up drinking for those 26 weeks if you had to.

• Like 1

Don't want to do that deal @Norm ?

Aaron Rodgers net worth is reportedly $200M.

So let's just round numbers and say he plays next year for $40M, new money.

What's your net worth?  Would you work 26 weeks for 20% more?

Course, after your bar tab, your net worth could be negative, so maybe you would stay in bed if things were relative.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The right decision would probably be to retire.  If he doesn't know whether he wants to play football it's probably time to hang up the cleats.

He's a competitor.  Just wanted to take a little time it's a commitment.  He said he'll continue to play as long as he can do it at a high level.  Lot of people are questioning that.  He's got a new chip.  It's Favre all over again.  Rodgers will play for a few years yet.  He's not done.  That and the cash doesn't hurt either.  Have to watch McAfee see what's up with him today.

This movement in the HC market is what we dont want to see happen in the QB market before AR's able to make up his mind.

Delay is all at the expense of Green Bay....and I believe is intentional.

Though he talks like one - ARs not actually a FA. He's under contract with GB.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

This movement in the HC market is what we dont want to see happen in the QB market before AR's able to make up his mind.

The QB trade market is Derek Carr. Don't think anyone who is interested in Rodgers is interested in Carr. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

If Rodgers can be taken at his word it sounds like he will "decide" just after the Super Bowl.  He said he didn't want to distract from the Super Bowl teams weeks in the spotlight.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If Rodgers can be taken at his word it sounds like he will "decide" just after the Super Bowl.  He said he didn't want to distract from the Super Bowl teams weeks in the spotlight.

AR turning down the limelight? Thats a new one on me.
Rather - it could be that the SB puts a cap on conversations about him.

Just now, NFLGURU said:

Is there anyone out there that believes if Rodgers retires, he isn't taking a year off and trying to work his way somewhere.  This could go on every offseason for years.

Rodgers to Rams

Rodgers to SF

Rodgers getting itch to play again....

Once he's gone......I could care less what he does.
If he comes back....I'll hope for the best obviously.

zach jacobson -  I think the Packers are going to be in good hands with Jordan Love, but I’m more optimistic about him than most. I also think they can compete if Aaron Rodgers does wind up coming back and stays healthy. They have two avenues at quarterback when some teams don’t even have one.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

LOL

Ryan Wood -   Aaron Rodgers tells Pat McAfee Show he still hasn't decided if he wants to play football in 2023: "It's going to be a little bit more time for my decision. I feel confident that in a couple weeks, I'll feel definitely more strongly about one of two decisions."

///

I feel that in a couple of weeks I'll feel how I'm feeling about my future feelings. Keep in touch....

Why LOL?  I have no issue with him taking his time deciding his future.  Let's say he wants to play but Gute and company want to move on with Love.  Nothing can happen on a trade until March 15th anyway so what's the rush?

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Why LOL?  I have no issue with him taking his time deciding his future.  Let's say he wants to play but Gute and company want to move on with Love.  Nothing can happen on a trade until March 15th anyway so what's the rush?

If you know you have nothing to say on the topic you know will be front and center.....stay away from the microphone..