Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Not going to lie, I would be rooting against the Packers if we sign Marcus Mariota.  He SUCKS.  That is not a move to make a team better, in any way.

I don't want Mariota if only because he'll be more expensive than a Dalton or a Minshew and is less of an actual QB than either of them.

That said, if Mariota is your QB2, he's apparently a great locker room presence, and he's not so bad as to be unable to win a game or two to keep playoff hopes alive.

3 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I don't want Mariota if only because he'll be more expensive than a Dalton or a Minshew and is less of an actual QB than either of them.

That said, if Mariota is your QB2, he's apparently a great locker room presence, and he's not so bad as to be unable to win a game or two to keep playoff hopes alive.

m2G8gG.gif

I watched Mariota in a London game for Tennessee a number of years ago.

He couldn't throw the ball 10 yards past the line of scrimmage even if his life depended on it.

Totally useless and definitely isn't a backup QB that can help us win when called upon.

7 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I think the key to signing a backup is to find one that can and is willing to help Love.  Mariota has previous experience with MLF, so it makes some sense in that respect.  He knows the scheme and has had some starting experience in this league. 

9 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I think he is that bad to where he cannot get a win or two to keep hopes alive.  Agree on the locker room stuff, but on the field, he's just poor.  Minshew is better in terms of keeping your hopes alive and getting wins.  Maybe Dalton...maybe...  But even Dalton is better in the game than Mariota at this point and time.

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

He couldn't throw the ball 10 yards past the line of scrimmage even if his life depended on it.

Totally useless and definitely isn't a backup QB that can help us win when called upon.

Mariota was 6-4 for LV in 2021, and 5-8 for ATL in 2022.  He'd be fine as a QB2 if the salary works and he is already familiar with the MLF offense.

Edited by Mazrimiv

6 minutes ago, Chili said:

was that the year he had the ulnar nerve/elbow issue?

I’m not a fan of tanking, but if a QB other than Love plays a lot of snaps this year, might as well be a rookie.  The rookie could be good too, or they are terrible and the draft capital at the top of the next draft will be very valuable 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Herbert has been pretty good though.

15 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Is Hebert still trying to grow a mustache?  He should stop.

Don't be fooled by this latest incarnation of Harrington.  The Chargers always put up pretty numbers and are the "best team to do something-something but not make the playoffs."  They may not even be good.  Nobody watches the Chargers.  They moved from San Diego, where nobody cared about them, to LA where less than nobody cares about them.  I could tell you that the Chargers played last night and scored 34 TDs.  You won't even check, because nobody cares about the Chargers.  They are only in the league to make the number of teams even, otherwise they would have been contracted.  But that begs the question, if the Chargers were contracted, would anyone even notice?  

Bottom line is, Herby the Love Bug stinks too.