Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Looking at the smoke map, is there any chance the Packers cancel practice today? Green Bay looks to be right on the edge of the really bad air. 

I know baseball games were cancelled in NY back in June because it was so bad. 

The principal problem would be players and coaches getting to the overall complex from their homes. If that's manageable, then they have indoor facilities they can make use of. I'd give it a 30% chance of cancellation at maximum.

13 hours ago, pf9 said:

Joke's on you, I wasn't having anything of what you speak.

It has been 22 seasons since we last beat the 49ers in the playoffs. The only QB ever to do so was later embroiled in scandal. If we can have one QB that both beats the 49ers in the playoffs and remains scandal-free that would be greatly appreciated.

Eh, many jokes are on me, but not this one.

If you came up with that while clean and sober?  

Then you gotta try the Costanza approach and try the opposite life for a while.

4 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

15-20lbs should have him at about 314-319 lbs (he was listed as 304 when drafted), pretty much spot on where his weight should be for a tackle.

He has an interesting build for a tackle, obviously not as long as the general body type and definitely more compact than Nijman and Jones. I hope he’s kept his feet and movement skills that set him apart from the others while he’s playing at the heavier weight. 

38 minutes ago, Refugee said:

He has an interesting build for a tackle, obviously not as long as the general body type and definitely more compact than Nijman and Jones. I hope he’s kept his feet and movement skills that set him apart from the others while he’s playing at the heavier weight. 

He's as tall as Bakh, longish arms and now at least as heavy as Bakh. I don't remember us being a team that went and got too many 6'6, 6'7 tackles. Most were 6'5 or shorter. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Old Guy said:

He's as tall as Bakh, longish arms and now at least as heavy as Bakh. I don't remember us being a team that went and got too many 6'6, 6'7 tackles. Most were 6'5 or shorter. 

I always thought Clifton was 6'6 or taller. But he was listed at 6'5. Good observation 👍 

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I don’t know if it’s just the 50, but seeing him side by side with other guys his shoulders sit much lower.   Haven’t found a solid pic of him next to 69 but on the field, Tom definitely looks smaller in stature and mass. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/frqciuES5yefTrMg8

*also, how do you insert images on this board? @jleisher, you’re a regular Rembrandt at this, help a guy out?

28 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I don’t know if it’s just the 50, but seeing him side by side with other guys his shoulders sit much lower.   Haven’t found a solid pic of him next to 69 but on the field, Tom definitely looks smaller in stature and mass. 

*also, how do you insert images on this board? @jleisher, you’re a regular Rembrandt at this, help a guy out?

Click the little button that says "Insert image from URL" that is right above the submit reply button.  

55 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Nijman is 6'6 and Tom looks like his one leg is bend. Isn't Myers 6'5? I think that picture is deceiving. 

1 hour ago, St Vince said:

I always thought Clifton was 6'6 or taller. But he was listed at 6'5. Good observation 👍 

Caleb Jones - 6'9"

Yosh Nijman - 6'7"

Kadeem Tilfort - 6'7"

Luke Tenuta - 6'8"

Rasheed Walker - 6'6"

19 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Nijman is 6'6 and Tom looks like his one leg is bend. Isn't Myers 6'5? I think that picture is deceiving. 

Standing next to both of those guys is tough, but Tom and Bakh are supposedly 76.25 inches tall.  Tom has great feet/hand coordination but he looks smaller than the others n the field to me. I’m just saying I hope he doesn’t dull one of his best attributes while gaining weight. 

• Like 1