Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

54 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Completely Hypothetical situation:

Packers make the playoffs this year and Love looks like a future top 5 QB in the league. Packers have a bunch of draft capital and salary cap this off-season and are projected to be a top contender going into next season.

Raiders are 0-2 currently and look awful. I don't see Davante sticking around for a rebuilding team and see him demanding a trade. Could we potentially see Davante back in GB to groom the young guys and one last chance at a Super Bowl.

Yeah but no. Never happen. Unless... he left because of AR

3 hours ago, Lodestar said:

This is cool

https://x.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1704583177975513090?s=20

Edit: Not sure why the tweet isn't unfurling. It's a cutup of MLF commenting on that final (very cool) throw from Love to Toure

If you replace the x.com with twitter.com, re-copy it and then re-paste as plain text, it'll unfurl. 

Edited by beekay414

4 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Completely Hypothetical situation:

Packers make the playoffs this year and Love looks like a future top 5 QB in the league. Packers have a bunch of draft capital and salary cap this off-season and are projected to be a top contender going into next season.

Raiders are 0-2 currently and look awful. I don't see Davante sticking around for a rebuilding team and see him demanding a trade. Could we potentially see Davante back in GB to groom the young guys and one last chance at a Super Bowl.

Dont think so

3 hours ago, Lodestar said:

This is cool

https://x.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1704583177975513090?s=20

Edit: Not sure why the tweet isn't unfurling. It's a cutup of MLF commenting on that final (very cool) throw from Love to Toure

Toure needs to come up with that catch.  It's not an easy one, but definitely wasn't an impossible grab.  It was right where it needed to be and gave the receiver a chance.  Unfortunate that even if it was caught it would have been for naught due to a penalty.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Apparently, the swelling is back in Bak's knee which is why he missed last game. At this point, what is he doing? It's three years, he's 31 and the rest of his life to live. Man, hang them up and enjoy the rest of your life. 

why would he retire?   he is getting paid to not play games or practice

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Apparently, the swelling is back in Bak's knee which is why he missed last game. At this point, what is he doing? It's three years, he's 31 and the rest of his life to live. Man, hang them up and enjoy the rest of your life. 

The knee is junk .. just have to hope he gets a long stretch with no issues so he can log some starts.  If he's not willing to play thru knee swelling then he should probably hang it up.  Why hang it up though when the Packers are apparently willing to pay for a part time, sometime player?  I know they want to give Love the best protection possible each week, but if Bak isn't available very often they would be better off finding out of Walker can actually play. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

As I assumed, the speculation/outrage over Bakh choosing to not play on turf was always nonsense.

• Like 1

A pretty straight fwd answer from Bakh and his outlook when it comes to his knee.

“Debilitating enough to not play in a football game,” Bakhtiari said when asked how his knee felt Sunday. “I think that’s the proper answer. I think if I could, or if it’s just something and not enough, I would suit up and go play. When it comes to my career and everything, you think with what I’ve done, I would want to not play? I think anyone who alludes to that, I think that’s funny. For me, it’s pretty devastating. Every game that goes by, I’m not getting any younger. What I want for my own personal self, along with what I want to give to this franchise, it’s tough.

“When my knee hits its limit, it hits its limit.”

13 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

A pretty straight fwd answer from Bakh and his outlook when it comes to his knee.

Looks like Walker is a pretty important part of the team this year. Wonder what happened with Yosh? We put a second-round tender on the guy because we thought he was pretty good.

15 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's why I just roll my eyes when people would talk about extending his contract or trading him for anything of real value.  

First we learn that Bahk's knee is so bad that he can't practice, but don't worry. He doesn't need to practice. Now we learn that his knee is so bad that he can't play either, well maybe a few games, so long as there's plenty of "rest games" in between so his knee can recover. As much as I like Bahk, it's time to negotiate an injury settlement and release him with an injury designation. His knee isn't ever going to get any better. More likely it's going to degenerate over time. This is a rebuilding year. Let's see what Walker can do. By next April's draft we need to know if Walker is capable.