Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

…. Unless Walker impresses the rest of the way. Like if Walker gets after it, Tom and Walker are your OTs of the future and right now.

Bak has a 40-million-dollar cap number next year. He's not going to extend with the Packers. He's been angling to play with Rodgers since the day he was traded. His original plan probably was at the trade deadline. Then the knee flared up and it was an easy decision to shut it down and be ready for the Jets.

Go back and watch the game ball celebration last week. Bak is in the background, no emotion. 

24 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Packers will have to decide whether they want to move on in '24, or keep him around again at a 21 million dollar cap hit.  That's a bargain of he's a full go and 100 percent, but not to sure his knee can be trusted.  Walker has a big chance to lock down this LT spot on '23.  If he can do that then the Packers can move on and allot the Bak savings to other positions 

I already figured he would be a 2024 cap casualty even before this season started. & him missing so many 2023 games removes all doubt. I don’t see any other teams being comfortable trading for him next year unless he somehow manages to return this season & finish strong. & even then, they might lowball us, figuring that they can just sign him once we cut him for the cap $$. 

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Based on his stance on playong surfaces you would certainly think that.  Money might sway him otherwise

Exactly how much money is Bak likely to command at this point?  As good as he was, I have a tough time believing teams will be lining up to give him a big contract.  If the knee does hold up, he's going to be a bargain for somebody.  The issue is obviously whether the knee will hold up.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

I already figured he would be a 2024 cap casualty even before this season started. & him missing so many 2023 games removes all doubt. I don’t see any other teams being comfortable trading for him next year unless he somehow manages to return this season & finish strong. & even then, they might lowball us, figuring that they can just sign him once we cut him for the cap $$. 

Agreed.  Unless he's wiling to take a MASSIVE pay cut, he's gone.

16 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I don't see how they don't shift Tom to LT.  He's the best option by far

Hopefully he and Jenkins are back on the left side after the bye

They honestly don't want to screw with his development by swapping him at multiple spots- if they can help it. Swapping sides on the line is not something one undergoes casually- Yosh AND Jenkins proved that last year.