Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Next 3 games for GB are against teams who are a combined 3-11. Four weeks from now we'll know exactly who this team is going to be this year. 

Important to get a win vs LV.  Go into the bye and get healthy for a end of season run.  

Been watching the Sunday night 49ers vs cowboys game.  Offensive and defensive line play for SF is damn good.  Time to beef up the Packers OL and DL .. it does make a difference.  Also, they certainly use their tight ends nicely.  MLF .. time to pay attention to their head coach and get a few tips.

5 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Been watching the Sunday night 49ers vs cowboys game.  Offensive and defensive line play for SF is damn good.  Time to beef up the Packers OL and DL .. it does make a difference.  Also, they certainly use their tight ends nicely.  MLF .. time to pay attention to their head coach and get a few tips.

I like MLF. I think he's a good coach. But Shanahan is a d i c k h e a d and that goes far. He clearly gets off, sexually, from running up a score. Our OL is good, but it's missing that attitude. 

Our DL needs a fresh influx of tough SOBs 

9 hours ago, Isherwood said:

I like MLF. I think he's a good coach. But Shanahan is a d i c k h e a d and that goes far. He clearly gets off, sexually, from running up a score. Our OL is good, but it's missing that attitude. 

Our DL needs a fresh influx of tough SOBs 

Agree .. however, MLF could maybe use a little bit of being a dikhead and get peed off.  He hasn't shown yet he can get tough .. especially with Barry.  Our entire team could use a little bit of being tough SOBs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, squire12 said:

Important to get a win vs LV.  Go into the bye and get healthy for a end of season run.  

More of a midseason run.  I don’t like the early bye in general but with such a young team, maybe it helps to self scout and recalibrate at an earlier stage in the season.  I know we’re not a great team this year, but can we be a good team?  For me, getting these guys some playoff experience is more valuable than the higher draft picks but i understand the other side of the argument. We’re not getting past the top teams but I want these guys and especially Love to get his feet wet in the postseason. From what I’ve seen, the postseason might be a stretch but we have a soft schedule overall and there are some terrible teams at this juncture of the season. I think we can get to the upper half and try to chase a playoff seed but we will have to beat these weaker teams, also kick MIN while they’re down. Let’s start with a win in LV. 

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I never understood why a coach who missed the playoffs 2-3 times with Brees in his prime was so universally praised 

I think it's because at one point he was one of the more innovative coaches when it comes to offensive football.  I'm not sure his leadership style has ever been anything to write home about.  

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think it's because at one point he was one of the more innovative coaches when it comes to offensive football.  I'm not sure his leadership style has ever been anything to write home about.  

And the continued mess in Denver confirms it.

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I never understood why a coach who missed the playoffs 2-3 times with Brees in his prime was so universally praised 

It's entirely the Halo Effect

Payton looks good and is a very polished speaker and media guy. 

McCarthy looks, speaks, and approaches the press like a tool both operator. 

• Like 2