Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, spilltray said:

Except his 5th year option next year is 13 mil. I'd rather have Toure and the 3. Jeudy hasn't shown he's worth that next year and that's why he's on the block. How much is he going to grow? Fast enough to warrant a new contract? Pretty doubtful.

I'm in the same boat.  That 3rd probably amounts to nothing, but I'd rather gamble on that rookie than hope that Jeudy manages to stay healthy and productive.

• Like 2

What the hell people!!!!

We don't need another WR. We got Wicks who is our Puka Nacua and just needs to get more snaps. We don't want to be pushing him down the depth chart!!!

Do you not all get it we need a viable run game. Jones is injured and Dillon is not the answer to be a lead back, he can't see the hole, he can't bounce a play and if Jones remain injured or gets injured again we got nothing, I mean nothing behind Dillon. We need to trade for a RB immediately.

We have 400 yards rushing for the season and our QB accounts for a quarter of that total!!! If we can't be effective with the run we can't get the pass game going.

Please stop all this trade for a vet WR, our room is set and it will grow. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

It's not down to your country for not being taken seriously, it's down to you as an individual.

Ruling the waves was a distant past that was impossible to maintain with the rise of superpowers like America, Russia, China and recently, India. no point pining after something that was totally unsustainable, going forward.

And as for the World Cup, that's not the only sport out there..........you could look at the Ryder Cup if you want more national positivity (even though that is Europe vs USA) or the Lionesses, that got to the world cup final, or the number of English high quality snooker players, or (etc, etc). In the end, it is whether you choose to take the good or the bad from your particular circumstances.

PS This forum was never a 'safe space' and probably never will be - too many divergent opinions argued passionately, for that.

Why are you taking this so seriously???!?!?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Do our offensive linemen know they aren't supposed to run away from contact? 

lol this picture is hilarious.  4 of the 5 oline completely fail, Dillon is dead, Love looks like he's just booking it out of there, and 41 is practicing being invisible which will come into play a couple times. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Someone needs to tell Jacob that just because he calls the 2nd year WR's veterans that need to step up doesn't mean they are actually veterans who are prepared in any way to take on that roll.

Yeah the irony here is that Love is the actual veteran who's play probably has the most room for improvement.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KFP7 said:

lol this picture is hilarious.  4 of the 5 oline completely fail, Dillon is dead, Love looks like he's just booking it out of there, and 41 is practicing being invisible which will come into play a couple times. 

which lineman didn't fail? Tom is getting beat towards where the hole should be. Walker is looking back the wrong way. Jenkins is running after no one, Meyers is getting beat right up the middle as well as JRJ. They all got beat!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Someone needs to tell Jacob that just because he calls the 2nd year WR's veterans that need to step up doesn't mean they are actually veterans who are prepared in any way to take on that roll.

Only one of our pass catchers has played a full 17 games in the NFL.  That would be Romeo Doubs.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Leader said:

Not a good look....

I want to see Myers put on the bench .. he's a major disappointment.  Put Tom in there at center and watch him thrive.  I also think Runyon is playing like garbage.  He needs someone to challenge for his job as well.  Is it Rhyan time?  Could be ugly, but it's already ugly.  Nijman and Walker at LT and RT .. let the coaches figure out who fits best.  All told it's ugly, but I think Myers and Runyon shouldn't be locked in at their current spots.  Let's go nuts. 

• Like 2