Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

On 11/4/2023 at 2:06 AM, Zycho32 said:

Well, it was originally something said to stop horses(mainly female ones). But it was also one of the catchphrases of one of the historical College Football Broadcasters, Keith Jackson. So the actual football player Keith Jackson gets a lot of that "Whoa Nellie" catchphrase when talked about in highlights and broadcasts as a result.

But why is it a segment on Wilde and Taush’s show?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

The Packers have to devise some way to get Watson involved in the passing game.
We drafted this guy too high for him to be a complete non-factor on game day.

It would help a if he could string some healthy games together and his QB didn’t have him stopping the routes and coming back to the ball on the long shots.  He has been getting over the top. Still don’t know about his hands but he needs some more clean looks. 

22 minutes ago, Refugee said:

It would help a if he could string some healthy games together and his QB didn’t have him stopping the routes and coming back to the ball on the long shots.  He has been getting over the top. Still don’t know about his hands but he needs some more clean looks. 

I don't understand why they haven't fixed his penchant for not having his hands closer together when he catches passes.  It's really unnatural looking especially on balls above head or over his shoulder.  

It just occurred to me that when Runyon had to go out yesterday, it was Rhyan and not Newman that came in. Apparently Rhyan has shown enough in practice to move ahead of Newman on the depth chart. Up until yesterday Newman has been the first man up at guard. Now I wonder if Rhyan has shown enough against Donald to move ahead of Runyon.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

It just occurred to me that when Runyon had to go out yesterday, it was Rhyan and not Newman that came in. Apparently Rhyan has shown enough in practice to move ahead of Newman on the depth chart. Up until yesterday Newman has been the first man up at guard. Now I wonder if Rhyan has shown enough against Donald to move ahead of Runyon.

I watched the game on DVR.  I saw when Rhyan came into the game.  We got a lot of yards running behind him and he looked very, very good.  Course it was in the run game, but he was doubling right away, then getting to the second level and staying on a linebacker.

I didn't see him in pass protection so much, but I was very encouraged from what I saw from yesterday.

Opposite holds true for Walker.  Nijman played much, much better.

The other thing I saw?  Since I was watching the RG, I also saw the center.  Myers played the best game I can ever remember him playing.  I'll be interested to see if PFF sees it the same way.  Myers was finishing stuff and not getting caught in the wash.  

My overall take of the game was that they out-stunk us, but it was also clear to me that someone lit a fire under our offensive line and they responded nicely.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I watched the game on DVR.  I saw when Rhyan came into the game.  We got a lot of yards running behind him and he looked very, very good.  Course it was in the run game, but he was doubling right away, then getting to the second level and staying on a linebacker.

I didn't see him in pass protection so much, but I was very encouraged from what I saw from yesterday.

Opposite holds true for Walker.  Nijman played much, much better.

The other thing I saw?  Since I was watching the RG, I also saw the center.  Myers played the best game I can ever remember him playing.  I'll be interested to see if PFF sees it the same way.  Myers was finishing stuff and not getting caught in the wash.  

My overall take of the game was that they out-stunk us, but it was also clear to me that someone lit a fire under our offensive line and they responded nicely.

I thought both Myers and Tom worked better in combo blocks with Rhyan than they have had with Runyan in the running game. The one pass play I remember Rhyan blocking for he had Donald one on one and stoned him dead at the LOS. That was eye opening for me. 

More 75, less 76 please.