Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Any legitimacy to The Athletic report that we're expected to release Bakh? 

The Packers News folks are also talking like Bak's release is all but a formality.  He's probably getting released in the next two weeks unless he agrees to do something radical with his contract.

26 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

At this point, I think it's just an assumption.  Bakh isn't likely back with a $41M cap hit.  And nobody is trading for him with that price tag.  So it's either paycut or release.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Probably. Gute was very clear in his last PC that he expects Aaron Jones to return. He was much less clear about Bakhtiari. And he praised Rasheed Walker. The only way I see Bakh back is with a low base salary and incentives earned based on number of games played. 

There are a couple of ways to look at that.  Are the Packers going to release Bakhtiari? Yes, probably.  Has there been any kind of legitimate source that told any kind of journalist? No, I doubt it.  

Kind of bugs me that Nagler and Herman can be so snarky about this though.  Both of them have done videos discussing the future of Bakhtiari at length.  But now it is bad for someone else to do it? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

There are a couple of ways to look at that.  Are the Packers going to release Bakhtiari? Yes, probably.  Has there been any kind of legitimate source that told any kind of journalist? No, I doubt it.  

Kind of bugs me that Nagler and Herman can be so snarky about this though.  Both of them have done videos discussing the future of Bakhtiari at length.  But now it is bad for someone else to do it? 

I think the thrust of their comments was that the guy who "broke the story" put a slant on it that the original author didnt intend - that it was fact more than chit chat opinion - and we all know there's been endless rumors, opinions etc on this topic for months and months.

16 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

No you should always be snarky towards Dov aka Billy Spikes.