Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If Dillon had any vision or balance, he'd be getting paid by GB rather than Jacobs.  If Jacobs can stay healthy and see the holes, he's going to pile up a ton of yards for GB. 

Having the turning radius and acceleration of an aircraft carrier didn't help Dillon, either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I'll bet that when we see the numbers for Jones and Jacobs, they will be very similar.  

I'm going to dig it, even though I didn't even consider Jacobs to GB.

It was deep in the back of my head .. thought Saquon would be the guy if they went this route.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'll bet that when we see the numbers for Jones and Jacobs, they will be very similar.  

I'm going to dig it, even though I didn't even consider Jacobs to GB.

That’s where I’m at. Paying 2 RBs is probably just a year thing and we can afford it. 

If this works out the way  they expect, it takes our offense to a new level

• Like 1

Mentally I'm going to view it as Jonathan Taylor vs Jacobs and our 2nd round pick.  That way no matter what we paid Jacobs it will feel like more of a bargain.

-Taylor would have been amazing though

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It was deep in the back of my head .. thought Saquon would be the guy if they went this route.

Me too.  But who knows, we have to wait and see numbers.  I thought Saquon was the high water mark for RB's in this market.  

If I assume that Saquon was a 10-12M/year player, and we end up getting Jacobs for 7-8M/year, I'd say we got excellent value.

So, like most deals, the devil will be in the details.  And the details on this one concern both Jones and Saquon.  

My sizeable gut is telling me I'm going to like this more as those numbers roll in.

5 minutes ago, craig said:

Jacobs averaged 3.5 ypc last year.  Are we sure he's actually going to be all that good?  

We have 3 things that they did not.

A competent offensive line.  

A quarterback.

Multiple offensive skill players.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, craig said:

Jacobs averaged 3.5 ypc last year.  Are we sure he's actually going to be all that good?  

I don’t think you lead the league in rushing by accident. But you do need a better team than the dumpster fire in Las Vegas, specifically last year, that was so bad they got their HC fired. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, craig said:

In his 5 seasons he has had two with 4.8 and 4.9 ypc averages on heavy volume - far from anything in Dillon's resume.  Obviously the ypc in those years is exceptional but the heavy volume is the area of concern.    

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

In his 5 seasons he has had two with 4.8 and 4.9 ypc averages on heavy volume - far from anything in Dillon's resume.  Obviously the ypc in those years is exceptional but the heavy volume is the area of concern.    

Splitting the load between Jacobs/Jones only helps both of them.  Unlike with AJD, the offense should have no clear limitations with either of them on the field.

Running back market changes when we win the Super Bowl this year.

Teams are going to be pissed they undervalued the market as they watch the Packers run their way to the Lombardi.

Will never understand how that market got so cold. As often as Mahomes had a clutch play, Pachecho (sp) had a huge play leading up to it.

The Chiefs don’t win either of their last two Super Bowls without him or their first without that one RB they had who had a monster game. And yes I remember his fumble.

• Like 1

Just now, MacReady said:

Teams are going to be pissed they undervalued the market as they watch the Packers run their way to the Lombardi.

Will never understand how that market got so cold. As often as Mahomes had a clutch play, Pachecho (sp) had a huge play leading up to it.

The Chiefs don’t win either of their last two Super Bowls without him or their first without that one RB they had who had a monster game. And yes I remember his fumble.

Ditto to McCaffrey being the Niners MVP all day long. Should have been NFL MVP, really  

• Like 1

Just now, MacReady said:

The market got cold in no small part because KC is doing it with a RD7 RB.