Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, craig said:

Jacobs averaged 3.5 ypc last year.  Are we sure he's actually going to be all that good?  

His QB was Aiden O’Connell.  Passing was not a threat to opposing defenses. 

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont think Jacobs is as versatile as Jones....but we're getting younger and picking up the key years for a RB.

Nonsense… good sense. 

1 minute ago, DWhitehurst said:

Losing a fan favorite in Jones is a gut-punch--arguably more than trading Rodgers and cutting Bak. But putting feelings aside and understanding how the Packers try to make cap-wise roster decisions relative to the longterm, I get it. Don't like it. But I get it. 

To me, it's not arguable at all.  Jones is easily the biggest gut punch of the three.  Bak has been fairly obvious for months, and I don't even want to go there with Rodgers.

I'll stand by what I said earlier today. Packers should have offered Jones a deal around $6-7m base to stay (which they probably did). The ball was then in Jones' court. If he didn't want it (appears he did not), the right move was to cut him. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -   Let me guess. You were mad when they drafted Love too. Patience. I'm as gutted as anyone that they are moving on from Jones, but Brian's job is too set them up for long term success and this is undoubtedly part of that. This is a brand new era of Packers football.

**** you too Nagler

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

To me, it's not arguable at all.  Jones is easily the biggest gut punch of the three.  Bak has been fairly obvious for months, and I don't even want to go there with Rodgers.

All 3 are a gut punch.  All the same.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

GUTE YOU DOG

Now this is a deal I want to see details on before being ecstatic / being disappointed.

Only disappointed in potential $'s -- regardless I'll be happy to see McKinney on the field and boy is our draft wide open now.