Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I didn’t need Dillon back on this team, but I can’t argue at all with that bottom barrel salary. Poor guy though, the agent-driven rumor about 3 teams having interest was obviously just a fake story trying to juice his market. 

1 minute ago, Chili said:

How is it a veteran benefit? it sounds like it limits the player's earning power if a team implements this feature.

My guess:

The structure of the clause seems thoughtfully aimed at allowing useful veterans to stay with their teams. The league has bargained this for the rank and file veteran players so that the cap write off might tip the competitive balance from drafted players back to the second tier vets.

• Like 2

Seems like the numbers aren't certain.  I read 1.25, packfan read 1.35, CWood had 1.45.

Most likely this is a clause to guarantee an increase in pay for a 5th year player not seeing the mega deal.  So instead of 1 year 800k he is going to get 1 year 2.5 million, or something like that.

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm totally cool with Dillon as RB2, he proved he wasn't the guy who was going to take over for Jonesy but he's a great athlete, he can pass pro with the best of them and he gets better as the season wears on. I'm sure this is going to be somewhere in the 2-3m per range.

Agree entirely. Makes perfect sense. Now we can draft the future without pressure.

1 hour ago, Chili said:

I smell BS. Gute is building a roster of young talented players and have let go almost everyone over 30. Why would he undo that by signing Hyde who Bills fans say is showing signs of decline.

Even if he is washed, the market for him would be cheap, it's a perfect ending coming back home! It adds a bit of veteran leadership, one of the guys I wanted from the beginning of the offseason. Let's get him a ring!!!!

I really hope this happens!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Dillon confirmed as SB MVP

don't think i've ever less enjoyed watching someone run the ball for this team. just frustrating like every single opportunity he gets. even washed-up james starks it was like alright he was good on the super bowl run, it's good to see him still around. if he didn't look so impressive, it wouldn't be so frustrating lol. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If true, pretty solid.

Hard to dislike this move. 

I'd like to think RB in the mid-rounds is still in play with this move. If one of the backs they like falls they grab him and give ample time to learn the offense, especially pass protection. 

• Like 1