Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, R T said:

The Packers have kept 4 RB's on the 53 in the past, if the player earns the spot they will do it again in the future. 

Yeah I could see it. Especially if they're good on teams too 

To me the only silver lining is that at that contract, he is not a lock to make the 53. 

The coaches have just shown such a disdain for playing rookies it seems like he will, though. 

Tom Silverstein -  Under this kind of deal, Dillon gets a signing bonus of $167,000 and his base salary can’t be over $2.575M. Packers get a huge cap benefit. He would count about $1.1M against the cap. No-risk deal Packers can get out of at anytime without cap ramifications.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MuFF said:

To me the only silver lining is that at that contract, he is not a lock to make the 53. 

I agree.  I think Dillon will most likely end up being a vet who sticks around for 2-3 years on the practice squad.  Good guy to have around in the locker room

7 minutes ago, MuFF said:

The coaches have just shown such a disdain for playing rookies it seems like he will, though. 

Pass pro is super important, you don't want to risk the franchise with a rookie you're not sure about.

That said, having a reasonably dynamic Bell cow in Jacobs, a seasoned if unspectacular vet in Dillon, and a dynamic rookie learning the ropes seems like a pretty ideal RB room

• Like 1

Dillon when he stands alongside the QB he isn't very good. He's unable to build up steam as he hits the gap. He's too big and not agile enough to wiggle his way through in that type of situation but he does compensate well in other ways such as peeling off to be an effective receiver.

Dillion when he stands behind the QB is much more effective, he basically has a longer run up to get up to speed and is much more effective imo. Here his physicality would shine through more.

However the problem is that Jones took all the early down snaps and Dillon was in 3rd down pass pro which meant he often lined up alongside the QB.

I don't think things will change with Jacobs in the backfield. Jacobs will essentially get all of Aaron Jones snaps.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

I really like Dillon the dude so I am happy about this. I hope it all just clicks and he crushes it this year, but if nothing else he's a great character guy who can protect 10 and he isn't breaking the bank.

• Like 3