Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

19 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We need to slow down on this legends stuff. 

Aaron Jones was a fine player for sure. 

But he's not a Packers legend. He made 1 pro bowl in his time here. 

are you canceling Aaron Jones?

you legend-shamer, you

30 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Simple word choice IMO. Replace it with popular and it's a done deal.

Listened to both interviews. 

1. McKinney is very, very well spoken, sounded sharp and motivated.  Sounded calm, confident, cerebral, and sounded like a detailed craftsman refining his craft.  Seemed like a nice guy who will not be a chemistry problem.  Made reference to having talked with Hafley, was enthused about the prospect of playing all over and doing different thing.
  2. Jacobs seemed cheerful and enthusiastic.  Didn't strike me as cerebral as McKinney, but did talk about RB being like playing chess.  Told MLF he'd love to catch even more passes.  Liked the offense, that defenses won't put as many guys in the box.  Was asked why his numbers were down last year: mentioned the contract and hold-out; new QB and changing QB; kinda the whole team settling in after so many changes; then getting hurt later in the season.  Seemed a quick-to-laugh cheerful guy.  

My sense is that neither guy will be chemistry-disruptive divas; both are pretty prioritized to win. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's the Donald Driver of RBs - fine player and GREAT Packer, but is lucky if he cracks the top 5 (I'd definitely place Taylor, Green, Hinkle, and Brockington ahead of him, so he's jockeying with guys like Ellis, Levens, and Canadeo)

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

He's the Donald Driver of RBs - fine player and GREAT Packer, but is lucky if he cracks the top 5 (I'd definitely place Taylor, Green, Hinkle, and Brockington ahead of him, so he's jockeying with guys like Ellis, Levens, and Canadeo)

I'd put him above Brockington, but you forget the Golden Boy. He's #5 for me. He's definitely better than Ellis and Levens. Not sure how to rank Hinkle and Canadeo. Football was much different back then.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

he's one of the best running backs we've ever had. he'll be in the Packers Hall of Fame 

10 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Past few years the Packers have basically restructured every guy possible. Expect that trend to stop this year. 

Last few years, GB needed to restructure players to be cap-compliant.  this year, that was not needed

44 minutes ago, persiandud said:

he's one of the best running backs we've ever had. he'll be in the Packers Hall of Fame 

Recency bias.  Very good RB. Even better man.

Isn't in the top five Packer RBs.

-Taylor, Green, Hinckley, Brockington, Canadeo

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Clifford got that bag.

Clifford will wear #6.  They could have given him #12 and started a whole pile of fun.

J/k,  #12 will be up there in Lambeau.