Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

29 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Lol that's cuz the team didn't want you back man, pay cut or not. Just move on.

Did Gute say he was planning on bringing Campbell back? I don't recall his name in that presser.

I think his exit interview would've been a fun one with how open he his with tweeters. 

17 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Did Gute say he was planning on bringing Campbell back? I don't recall his name in that presser.

I think his exit interview would've been a fun one with how open he his with tweeters. 

Yeah, he kind of did .. maybe not in those exact words, but he spoke about him being a leader and stuff.  It wasn't quite as blunt as saying he'd "absolutely" be back like he did with Aaron Jones.  I don't know what was up with Gute when he was saying that stuff .. seemed a bit out of his usual press conference behavior.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah, he kind of did .. maybe not in those exact words, but he spoke about him being a leader and stuff.  It wasn't quite as blunt as saying he'd "absolutely" be back like he did with Aaron Jones.  I don't know what was up with Gute when he was saying that stuff .. seemed a bit out of his usual press conference behavior.

I think Gutekunst probably wanted them back, certainly Jones and possibly Campbell.   Maybe Hafley after a longer look at things didn't want Campbell.  

Also, Gutekunst certainly isn't going to state publicly .... " regarding player X and Y, those overpaid guys won't be back, GB is moving on".  Coach speak/ GM speak still exists for reasons.

• Like 1

De'Vondre Campbell @Came_Along_Way

The organization didn’t even call me to ask if I wanted to take a pay cut. They just released me after going in the media and saying me and Aaron jones were apart of the future plans. They could’ve just told me the truth. I could easily be bitter but I’m not.

Sure De'Vondre. You don't seem bitter at all.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Yeah it's an indictment on Barry lol. Fun little read.

Some coaches shouldn't be coaches. It is nice we cleaned out the defensive side

It’s nice they cleaned it out but also somewhat concerning Barry was ever there in the first place then got to stay as long as he did. 

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

It’s nice they cleaned it out but also somewhat concerning Barry was ever there in the first place then got to stay as long as he did. 

not everything is Barry's fault.

Let's examine the story Campbell is trying to sell (that @Mazrimiv already alluded to):

Campbell ignores Barry, earns All-Pro, earns a $50mil contract while ignoring his coaches and playing exceptionally well. But then (for some unknown and unexplained reason) decides to...stop doing that? And that's the REAL explanation for his drop-off in play?

mhm

sure, Devondre...sure

Nobody actually buys this story do they? It can be true both that Barry wasn't that good at his job AND that Campbell no longer was either - independently.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

not everything is Barry's fault.

Let's examine the story Campbell is trying to sell (that @Mazrimiv already alluded to):

Campbell ignores Barry, earns All-Pro, earns a $50mil contract while ignoring his coaches and playing exceptionally well. But then (for some unknown and unexplained reason) decides to...stop doing that? And that's the REAL explanation for his drop-off in play?

mhm

sure, Devondre...sure

Nobody actually buys this story do they? It can be true both that Barry wasn't that good at his job AND that Campbell no longer was either - independently.

My thoughts exactly. I don’t really trust a thing Campbell says. Besides, if the freelancing thing is true, it’s a bad look for him. If it’s not true, it’s…also a bad look for him.

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

i'm often annoyed when I see people chalk this up to "luck"

there's SOOOO many resources poured into these success stories. Whitewashing it all as "luck" misses all the actual important parts of the process.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i'm often annoyed when I see people chalk this up to "luck"

there's SOOOO many resources poured into these success stories. Whitewashing it all as "luck" misses all the actual important parts of the process.

Luckily we drafted matt flynn or we would have been stuck with brohm

• Like 1