Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

21 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Why? I’m genuinely asking since I’m not from the US and I guess there’s stuff I’m missing. Why is Milwaukee different from any other city with an NFL team? Say Chicago or Boston, they get late games and MNF/TNF too. 

EDIT or is this more about people from GB going to Milwaukee and then needing to do a long drive back home after a late game?

The "Milwaukee" games used to be played in Milwaukee, but now all Packers games are played in Green Bay.  Now when the Milwaukee group is assigned a night game, that creates some logistical issues for the large block of fans from (presumably) the southern part of Wisconsin who are driving to Green Bay for the game.  Assigning a weekday night game to the Milwaukee group just creates a bad situation.  I'm sure the league considers this a "Packers" issue, and doesn't particularly care. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

When the schedule was made by hand there were guidelines that were clearly followed for our schedule. The gold package was never to be given the Bears game. I've been going to games since I was 5 in 1995 and 2012 was the only season in that time frame the gold package got the Bears. Also gold package was not supposed to get night games (as you saw what happens when they do last year on TNF vs Det). 

Now that the schedule is made by computer algorithms, I think the NFL has told GB, tough ****, you'll get what you get and your fans will be fine. Every year the gold package gets home games #2 and #5, and we alternate with green package who gets the 9th home game, so every 4 years that is ours. This year just crazy lucky to get all 3 divisional opponents.

I actually prefer non-divisional games. I was happy with how it worked out (other than always wanting week 18 game)

1 hour ago, Packer_ESP said:

Why? I’m genuinely asking since I’m not from the US and I guess there’s stuff I’m missing. Why is Milwaukee different from any other city with an NFL team? Say Chicago or Boston, they get late games and MNF/TNF too. 

EDIT or is this more about people from GB going to Milwaukee and then needing to do a long drive back home after a late game?

Yeah I'm wondering why, too. 

They should be anything. Most of the crowd heads south on 41/43 after green package games too. There's really no logistical difference except for maybe an extra hour of driving on average?

• Like 1

I'll be honest.  If I were a Milwaukee ticket holder, I would sell all of my late tickets.  If I could get more than I pay for the tickets, get to bed on time, and not have to pay for parking, gas, and concessions, I'll take it.  I will still hit my other two games at noon and that one game probably pays for one of the other games in its entirety.  And that goes double for Thursday games.  You are going to pay me scalped prices and I don't have to use PTO? I go to a lot of Cardinals games, I have a hard time getting there on time during the week, and I live one good golf shot away, let alone a 2 hour drive if conditions are perfect.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Packer_ESP said:

Just an FYI @Packer_ESP the Packers stopped playing games in Milwaukee a long time ago (1994). My guess is hit point was the opposite, people from Milwaukee have to drive back after late games in Green Bay. It's only a two-hour drive, a bit longer with traffic getting out of Lambeau. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah I'm wondering why, too. 

They should be anything. Most of the crowd heads south on 41/43 after green package games too. There's really no logistical difference except for maybe an extra hour of driving on average?

After a night game to get back to my house is usually 2-3 AM when I get home ( all depends on how quickly you can get out of the parking lot you're in). Still in my 30s I can gut out work the next day on 2-3 hrs of sleep but the 50+ crowd has no interest and sells their tickets and I don't blame them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

After a night game to get back to my house is usually 2-3 AM when I get home ( all depends on how quickly you can get out of the parking lot you're in). Still in my 30s I can gut out work the next day on 2-3 hrs of sleep but the 50+ crowd has no interest and sells their tickets and I don't blame them.

I mean me too. Not all green package holders live in Green Bay. 

I wonder if there's really any significant difference between the average drives for those two groups anymore.

MKE fans like night games too. It’s not difficult to ask for Monday morning off because you’re going to the F):)!,!;&.G game in Wisconsin. I’ll tell you what, you tell your boss you’re coming in late Monday for that reason and they say no? Quit. Let’s be reasonable people were talking Packers football. There’s 8 home games work can eat one.

Have left Lambeau from classic 15$ parking in lawns after a Chicago Bear game, while everyone is trying to get out of their deer stands and head south from opening weekend deer hunting—we’re talking the worst conditions possible. I usually travel S through MKE getting off at Slinger to head to Waukesha. You listen to post game until they go off the air. 2-2.5 hour drive to make it further than Milwaukee.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Just an FYI @Packer_ESP the Packers stopped playing games in Milwaukee a long time ago (1994). My guess is hit point was the opposite, people from Milwaukee have to drive back after late games in Green Bay. It's only a two-hour drive, a bit longer with traffic getting out of Lambeau. 

Yeah I had a full on brainfart moment and was thinking the Milwaukee games were being played in Milwaukee, even though I've obviously always seen the Packers play at Lambeau every game. Now that I realize its MKE fans driving 2 hours north, I see the issue. Thanks everyone for the responses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I mean me too. Not all green package holders live in Green Bay. 

I wonder if there's really any significant difference between the average drives for those two groups anymore.

I'm sure the older green package crowd sells their seats too for night games if they have to travel. Let's be real, older season seat holders suck, they rarely bring the noise and are just general relaxed, seen and not heard fans. However, we'll all be old some day and some of those on this board already are, so I don't want to ***** about them not being able to get out of the house and enjoy the game. Just take me behind the woodshed and get it over with if they took away your tickets when you hit say 55-60.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm sure the older green package crowd sells their seats too for night games if they have to travel. Let's be real, older season seat holders suck, they rarely bring the noise and are just general relaxed, seen and not heard fans. However, we'll all be old some day and some of those on this board already are, so I don't want to ***** about them not being able to get out of the house and enjoy the game. Just take me behind the woodshed and get it over with if they took away your tickets when you hit say 55-60.

I just got the chance at season tickets 5 years ago. I'm a gold package holder and waited about 25 years for the chance to buy tix. Back then I assumed that when I had a chance at season tickets, I would go to every game that I had a chance to go to. However, 25 year later, a couple games a year is all that is in the cards for me each season. Between taking time off work, family life, and the fact that game day rates for hotels anywhere near Lambeau have skyrocketed to nearly $300+/night it makes it tough to squeeze in any more than 2-3 games a year considering its a 4 hour drive each way from Minneapolis.

Edited by Tperk
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The best PSA is, don’t bring people to Lambeau that don’t enjoy football. I watched a girl scroll tick tock for 2 hours with an end seat and I was ready to take action.

Just bring average or better fans with if you have any say. Maybe liquid courage up if you have to and just be a loud, good example for other fans. Mob mentality is electric when done correctly. Some sections go a lot harder than others just because one crazy dude pulls it out of them. We got American Family stadium chanting Nick Orf’s name for the Brewers just by being messed up enough to get things started (he went warning track). We’ve been offered spare tickets for upcoming games by people near us just because people want to sit by someone that’s bringing it. 

Additional point—when we do increase our ticket costs to optimum levels, we should see many boomers get out of the game and many people whom once thought they’d never actually get tickets will have to decide if they can afford them and it’ll be a deep cut of youth in the stadium.

31 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Additional point—when we do increase our ticket costs to optimum levels, we should see many boomers get out of the game and many people whom once thought they’d never actually get tickets will have to decide if they can afford them and it’ll be a deep cut of business owned seats in the stadium.

FIFY.