Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but PFF's top ranked rookie for the entire NFL through 6 weeks is Evan Williams.  Kids a baller, liked him at Oregon. Always around the ball.

If he keeps up this impressive play we aint talking a promising rookie but a legit star.

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Do it do it! Case was thrown out and he is a MAJOR upgrade if he didn't Watson himself into suckitude. 

The case was dismissed by the judge because the women anonymously filed, but it was able to be refiled if they did so with their names. They did do this a couple days after it was dismissed. However, I don't think an initial hearing would happen until after the season.

Edited by Striker

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

An accusation means he’s not Packer people?His case was tossed out by court and the league. 

am I missing something?

They refiled the lawsuit

Daisy Torres and Nicole Anderson refiled the lawsuit Friday afternoon, three days after a circuit court judge in Florida dismissed their previously amended lawsuit by ruling that, per Florida law, the use of pseudonyms Jane Doe I and Jane Doe II did not meet the "exceptional case" criteria required to warrant anonymity.

Judge Michael S. Sharrit wrote that "fairness requires Plaintiffs be prepared to stand behind their charges publicly in the same way Defendant McManus must openly refute them."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41152302/women-suing-ex-jaguars-kicker-mcmanus-attach-name-lawsuit

Edited by deltarich87
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I saw that and figured that would be why teams weren’t interviewing. At the same time, the NFL did at least look into it and it seems like they were satisfied enough to reinstate him. This is not saying it’s possible the guy isn’t a creep but it does mean something that the league is giving him some standing. Any team thinking about bringing him in will obviously be doing some research into the incident and his character in general.