Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, incognito_man said:

According to DVOA:

Green Bay has beat the #4 team (Minnesota), #5 team (Dallas) , #12 team (Chicago), #14 team (Detroit) and #18 team (Denver) and lost to #8 team (Philly).

We rank 6th currently overall, 7th in both offense and defense. We've played an average rank of 10 through 6 weeks and have the following remaining:

2, 3, 4, 11, 12, 14, 16, 22, 26, 30

Gives us (at this snapshot in time) an average opponent rank of 12.5. Five games against top 5 opponents. 12 of 16 games against top half opponents.

We will be battle-tested going into January. Damn.

As nice as this sounds I'd rather just get drunk on beer and bourbon while eating chili and watching my team destroy bad opponents like Pats fans get to do every week. That Washington is the only one right now I feel really good will be that way.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Anyone else see a possible Josh Jackson trade? One has to think he has some value on the trade block. 

Sullivan/Redmond are getting reps over him...

If a zone heavy team who has a WR is interested, I pull the trigger. Seattle would have made sense if they had a WR to offer. I don't love him, but what about Jackson for Penny? Seattle is playing Prosise over him, and we're barely playing JJ

When Ibraheim Campbell comes back, where does JJ play? 

Edited by JBURGE

56 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

As nice as this sounds I'd rather just get drunk on beer and bourbon while eating chili and watching my team destroy bad opponents like Pats fans get to do every week. That Washington is the only one right now I feel really good will be that way.

I feel you haha we haven't dunked on anyone for a full game in a while

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

i'd prefer an easier schedule with just a few hard games as well. To get a cakewalk HFA like NE always does.

Ben Fennell: 

Listen, we know Jimmy Graham's upside and production come in the pass game as a receiving threat.

But he isn't producing.

If he can't get it done in the RZ, win the 1-on-1s, or make a guy miss in the open field... Can the Packers win with Jimmy Graham?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell: 

Listen, we know Jimmy Graham's upside and production come in the pass game as a receiving threat.

But he isn't producing.

If he can't get it done in the RZ, win the 1-on-1s, or make a guy miss in the open field... Can the Packers win with Jimmy Graham?

I get the angst due to his performance.

Aren't we 5-1 though?  So we can win with him on the roster?  

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ben Fennell: 

But he isn't producing.

We're 5-1, I think we're fine.

The Graham crap is getting old. People need to be angry about something at all times, even when we're successful. Graham is a Packer and if he caught a dose of the fountain of youth, we'd become an even better team. We should be rooting for that instead of crapping on him at all times cause he makes good money. That money's spent, can't recoup it, might as well root for Jimmy.

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We're 5-1, I think we're fine.

The Graham crap is getting old. People need to be angry about something at all times, even when we're successful. Graham is a Packer and if he caught a dose of the fountain of youth, we'd become an even better team. We should be rooting for that instead of crapping on him at all times cause he makes good money. That money's spent, can't recoup it, might as well root for Jimmy.

I mean you can both root for the guy but then crap on him (and Gute, who is really to blame here) when he fails over and over and over again. It was a bad move to keep him, it's not rocket science. I want nothing more than for Graham to succeed because I want the team to succeed. Doesn't mean he's off limits to criticize when he's one of our highest-paid players and he's either invisible or dropping TDs week after week. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We're 5-1, I think we're fine. The Graham crap is getting old. People need to be angry about something at all times, even when we're successful. Graham is a Packer and if he caught a dose of the fountain of youth, we'd become an even better team. We should be rooting for that instead of crapping on him at all times cause he makes good money. That money's spent, can't recoup it, might as well root for Jimmy.

I'm not sure where the money angle is coming from. Fennell didnt mention it and I've never taken a "he's not worth his contract" position with any player. The team pays a guy what they figure out. Couldnt care less. Its not my money.

I'm just interested in production and stats - not tied to $$.

Not posted was a video where two sure passes when right thru his hands (both in the EZ) and his inability to make a defender miss and avoid an open field tackle.

As I posted earlier - I'm hoping he gets better - thats all. I *want* him to be a major contributor to our offense.

He did make an excellent contested catch on a critical third down - surprised me he held on to it in fact cause he got hit instantaneously , but I dont look gift horses in the mouth. I'm just hopeful he starts clamping down down on more of the catchable stuff.  He does that, all will be well far as I'm concerned cause the offense will be clicking.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

i'd prefer an easier schedule with just a few hard games as well. To get a cakewalk HFA like NE always does.

I could really just go for a couple of games where I don't have to be on the edge of my seat in the second half.  Just from a pure "aesthetic value of football" it's more fun to watch teams I don't care about because the NFL team I do care about plays almost entirely tight ones.