Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

they threw jmike hella goal line fades i feel like

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Yup, it died off quickly after that for some reason. Everything became back shoulder.

I died off after J-Mike short armed a jump ball and let the defender make an INT in the endzone.  That was the last time Rodgers threw him a jump ball.  I remember the play clearly, but I can't recall who it was against.  But it was on the right sideline.  Awful effort from J-Mike.  Rodgers afterwards had a look of disbelief on his face.  And that look was very rare at that point and time of his career.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Yup, it died off quickly after that for some reason. Everything became back shoulder.

Rodgers tried a few jump balls to Graham, but Graham could never seem to pull him in.  He'd try to one hand them and drop them, or fail to get very far off the ground.  For being a supposed great athlete he never looked like one in GB.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Rodgers tried a few jump balls to Graham, but Graham could never seem to pull him in.  He'd try to one hand them and drop them, or fail to get very far off the ground.  For being a supposed great athlete he never looked like one in GB.

It was like 3 over 2 seasons.

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I swear every time Graham tried to catch with his hands he would just swat at the ball with both hands and hope it would stick.  He had the weirdest looking catching technique I've ever seen.

Andy Herman -  What’s your favorite Packers’ position group of all-time?

Reggie/Santana/Gilbert/Jones
Nelson/Cobb/Jones/Jennings/Driver
Woodson/Shields/Collins/Williams
Thurston/Skoronski/Kramer/Gregg
Clifton/Wahle/Flanagan/Rivera/Tauscher

/////////

Of these choices, I'd select the first one: Reggie/Santana/Gilbert/Jones.
I'm not a good judge of the nuances of OLs, so that takes the last two off the list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -  What’s your favorite Packers’ position group of all-time?

Reggie/Santana/Gilbert/Jones
Nelson/Cobb/Jones/Jennings/Driver
Woodson/Shields/Collins/Williams
Thurston/Skoronski/Kramer/Gregg
Clifton/Wahle/Flanagan/Rivera/Tauscher

/////////

Of these choices, I'd select the first one: Reggie/Santana/Gilbert/Jones.
I'm not a good judge of the nuances of OLs, so that takes the last two off the list.

First group, every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Best DL group I can remember seeing.  They weren't puppies.  Jones and Reggie were older, wiser vets.  Jones in particular would set guys up during the early part of the game to use a devastating counter move when the game was on the line.  Older, wise, veteran players.  Santana was in his prime and had unreal quickness.  Gilbert was a flat out beast and guys of his size should not have been able to move laterally as he did.  And Reggie?  Just the GOAT on the DL.

Unreal group.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I rather like the Woodson/Shields/Collins/Williams group. That was really something, a time when giants walked the earth :D

I personally liked the Woodson/Harris/Collins/Bigby group a bit more. Arguably not as good but give me the more physical guys flying to the ball with their dreads flowing behind them looking to put a hurt on somebody.

My all time favorite positional group is probably pretty easily the  Bennett/Levens/Henderson/Jervey backfield. The first three where just really likable guys who could do a bit of everything and complimented each other well. Bennett was a mudder with great hands. Levens was really good at everything. Henderson was a bulldozer who could level half a team while lead blocking and catch in the flats. Jervey was lightning quick and just an absolute maniac. Like almost blow himself up an buy a tiger crazy. 

I feel like Jones' extension is pretty easy.  Add two years, making it a 3 year deal.  Add $20M, guarantee a lot of it.  Spread it out and you have a nice running back on a nice deal for three years.  GB "wins" because it isn't long term where the contract tends to stink.  Jones wins because he gets his guaranteed money now, as opposed to playing another 16 games plus pre and post season with the injury risk.  And Jones can hit the market again well under the age of 30 and get a big time deal.

• Like 2

Both Ekeler and Jones had similar yards from scrummage. Ekeler 993 receiving 557 rushing and Jones 1084 rushing and 448 receiving. Jones had more Tds though. If Ekeler's contract set some kind of measure I would be alright with the Packers paying Jones something in that neighbourhood. 

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Both Ekeler and Jones had similar yards from scrummage. Ekeler 993 receiving 557 rushing and Jones 1084 rushing and 448 receiving. Jones had more Tds though. If Ekeler's contract set some kind of measure I would be alright with the Packers paying Jones something in that neighbourhood. 

it's gonna be closer to zeke elliot than ekeler if Jones is smart.

The ekeler deal is fair, but he didn't run for 1000 yards he had 1k yards receiving.  I think that negotiation for whatever reason goes in Jones' favor simply because he rushed for more yards and the position is RB not WR.