Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If we cut Bulaga I will be significantly disappointed.  Lord knows we're going to need him whenever he gets healthy.  What are we saving money for? 

So we can extend Fackrell. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If we cut Bulaga I will be significantly disappointed.  Lord knows we're going to need him whenever he gets healthy.  What are we saving money for? 

Not to mention his value next offseason should be more than if he was traded now. He's more valuable to us for this year ...... at least until we take the Notre Dame tackle 

Andrew Brandt telling a story about signing a UDFA just after the draft was over:

And my favorite story: I once told a player we would sign him for a $500 bonus. His answer was, and I quote: “Well, I only have about $100 now, but I can get you the rest in about a week.”

“No,” I answered, “We pay you.”

That's just freaking awesome

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Andrew Brandt telling a story about signing a UDFA just after the draft was over:

And my favorite story: I once told a player we would sign him for a $500 bonus. His answer was, and I quote: “Well, I only have about $100 now, but I can get you the rest in about a week.”

Lol I forgot about that one. That's just... I don't even know.

I almost feel bad for the guy lol

I remember reading about that story in the same article that talked about how Ted Thompson tried to negotiate his signing bonus, the team said no, and then he said the original offer was okay.  Somebody have that one?  Also, we need a gif of Ted Thompson kicking that field goal (or extra point, I forget which it was). 

21 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Wonderlic issues