Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

35 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont tell any of the talking heads, but an NFL mantra for years was Green Bay was the smallest city with an NFL team.

Well, its not true anymore.

Green Bay 2020 population: 105,413
Buffalo 2020 population: 891,000

Calculate Figure It Out GIF by funk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Draft position doesn't matter to me when it comes to grumbling about injuries. You're either on the field or you're not, and if King's gonna get the diarrhea hose for it then Greene can too. Especially because he's undrafted. 

I hear you, and it's a valid criticism of Raven but he's getting dinged up sacrificing his body in a tough role.  Might just not be built for it.  Hybrid is a tough spot, fast enough to cover TE's and RB's underneath, strong enough to mix it up in the dirt.  Not an easy position and one that invites high speed collision.

I'm just saying it's human nature to be more down when your Ferrari is in the shop than your used Camry.  We can all relate to that, right?

Edited by Refugee

53 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont tell any of the talking heads, but an NFL mantra for years was Green Bay was the smallest city with an NFL team.

Well, its not true anymore.

Green Bay 2020 population: 105,413
Buffalo 2020 population: 891,000

**** thats not right. Brain freeze!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wanted to see us deal for Minkah Fitzpatrick.  That was unrealistic, but we should be looking for talent upgrades at some of these spots.

Reid is sitting out there.  Too bad he is what he is, because on the field, he would be a nice upgrade at that position.

Just some cool stats that I saw...

Davante just went over 1,000 yards for the second time in his career.  Did it in 10 games played.  And 13 TD's.  (He had 997 twice in his career...ungh.)

Tonyan now has 497 receiving yards and 8 TD's.  With 4 games left to go.  Jimmie Graham had 447 yards and 3 TD's all of last year.

Aaron Jones has just over 1,000 all purpose yards so far.  745 rushing, 279 receiving.

Z Smith now has 10.5 sacks on the season.  24 for his career in GB, which is only 28 regular season games long.  That is truly incredible.  I know @Outpost31 wasn't thrilled when we signed him to a big deal, but it sure has paid off nicely.

Both Keke and Gary have 4 sacks on the season.  Seems like there has been a second year "jump" from those two.

Savage now leads the team with 3 interceptions.  And they all came recently.  Might be a second year "jump" there as well.

Rodgers is now throwing at his highest completion percentage of his career.  68.9%.  Jesus Effing Christ Rodgers, just get the .1% and be done with it!  Freaking Tease.  Maybe Bakh can help.

Rodgers is having his second best year, career wise, for passing yards per game.  (But why you no draft a WR, GB?) (Imagine if we actually had weaponz)

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Reid is sitting out there.  Too bad he is what he is, because on the field, he would be a nice upgrade at that position.

That’s what I thought, too, but apparently he sucked in Carolina and just had some stats/tackles to make it look like he was good.

At least that’s what I was told.