Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

16 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

They signed Tavon Austin at the right time.

Not a good sign for Raven Greene, though hopefully his injury isn't season-ending and he'll only miss a few weeks

Greene's missed way more time than King last couple years. Way more. I'd rather see Greene replaced, at this point he just misses waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time and barely sees the field because of it.

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

Greene's missed way more time than King last couple years. Way more. I'd rather see Greene replaced, at this point he just misses waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time and barely sees the field because of it.

They need to look for an upgrade to Raven Greene .. it's an important role, and he misses too much time to injury.  Same thing with Ervin .. he's nicked up all the time time and the Packers would be wise to draft his long range replacement.  

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Greene puts his heart into his tackles and seems to be a smart player, you always need guys like that.  Maybe Black will bring some of that, but with a slightly different body type and role.

The King comparison, well Green was undrafted and KK was our first pick in a year we passed on TJ Watt so we could gain a throw away a 4th rounder.  The grumbling on King is as much about draft position and expectations as it is availability.  Greene has earned every bit of his contract, I wish his body would hold up to what we ask him to do.

25 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

They need to look for an upgrade to Raven Greene .. it's an important role, and he misses too much time to injury.  Same thing with Ervin .. he's nicked up all the time time and the Packers would be wise to draft his long range replacement.  

I think someone like Richard LeCounte from Georgia would be a perfect replacement but I'm not sure if that's a role we'd invest a mid-day 2 pick in. Plus, it's not a guarantee that we run the same system next year either.

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Thank you for posting this.  If we are going to play our third safety up as much as we do, like a linebacker, we need to do better than the Raven Greene's of the world.  We need someone to play there like their last name is Adams, Baker or Matthieu.  Not knocking Raven Greene, he's a fine UDFA, but we can and should do better at that position.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Thank you for posting this.  If we are going to play our third safety up as much as we do, like a linebacker, we need to do better than the Raven Greene's of the world.  We need someone to play there like their last name is Adams, Baker or Matthieu.  Not knocking Raven Greene, he's a fine UDFA, but we can and should do better at that position.

I wanted to see us deal for Minkah Fitzpatrick.  That was unrealistic, but we should be looking for talent upgrades at some of these spots.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wanted to see us deal for Minkah Fitzpatrick.  That was unrealistic, but we should be looking for talent upgrades at some of these spots.

I want to see probowlers all over the field, but we know you have to pick your spots.  We have a well paid, steady, Amos and invested a 1st rounder in Savage who has not yet been great but is ascending and has tons of talent.  Scott could be an interesting player but is ST for now and I don't know if he's stout enough right now to play close to the line.

We have a pretty strong investment at safety.  The hybrid spot or ILB in general has not been a focus.  I guess they hope it's a role they can find a cheaper plug in for but if we had someone really shine there, I think it would clean up our weakness at the run and underneath the defense.

3 hours ago, Refugee said:

Greene puts his heart into his tackles and seems to be a smart player, you always need guys like that.  Maybe Black will bring some of that, but with a slightly different body type and role.

The King comparison, well Green was undrafted and KK was our first pick in a year we passed on TJ Watt so we could gain a throw away a 4th rounder.  The grumbling on King is as much about draft position and expectations as it is availability.  Greene has earned every bit of his contract, I wish his body would hold up to what we ask him to do.

Draft position doesn't matter to me when it comes to grumbling about injuries. You're either on the field or you're not, and if King's gonna get the diarrhea hose for it then Greene can too. Especially because he's undrafted.