Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

PFR says he was born on Oct 24, 1949. But I think this is less a job and more of a calling. 

Years ago I saw an article saying he was disabled or at least partially disabled due to a suicide attempt. He would understand the need for counseling.

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport  -   The Packers are signing TE Dominique Dafney to the active roster from the practice squad. An opportunity for the former Indiana St WR.

• Andy Herman  -    Makes sense with Jace out. Not many spots have taken a major hit this season but GB will be without Deguara, Sternberger, and Lovett at the HB/TE position.

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport  -   The Packers are signing TE Dominique Dafney to the active roster from the practice squad. An opportunity for the former Indiana St WR.

• Andy Herman  -    Makes sense with Jace out. Not many spots have taken a major hit this season but GB will be without Deguara, Sternberger, and Lovett at the HB/TE position.

D’Triple D. 

Matt Schneidman -  State Farm MVP Watch post-Week 14:

Mahomes:
Completion %: 66.7
Passing yds: 4,208
Pass TDs: 33
Rush TDs: 2
INTs: 5
Passer rating: 112.3
Team record: 12-1

Rodgers:
Completion %: 69.6
Passing yds: 3,685
Pass TDs: 39
Rush TDs: 2
INTs: 4
Passer rating: 119.7
Team record: 10-3

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I would be shocked if they have (or create) enough room to use the franchise tag.  I could see Jones taking a prove-it deal banking on hitting free agency when the new TV contracts land.

This sounds like the kind of advice that got his old representation fired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I would be shocked if they have (or create) enough room to use the franchise tag.  I could see Jones taking a prove-it deal banking on hitting free agency when the new TV contracts land.

He's not at the stage of his career where possible age related decline is a consideration, nor is he coming back from down year(s) caused by injury.  He really doesnt need to prove anything does he (?) and the last thing a RB wants to do is put more wear on his tread. 

Somebody will pay him. Not Zeke-like money, but he'll get paid by somebody.

Edited by Leader