Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

On 3/31/2020 at 11:12 PM, Shady Slim said:

yeah how is everyone feeling needing to work out from home now?

strength training not a big change for me because i do that at home anyway but not being able to go outside for runs is a drag tbh

It sucks tremendously but it forced me to think outside the box, before this I was really rolling, I was doing reps of 455 x 4 and 495 x 2 and was really developing well physically, now all that is shot to hell. I just let all of that go and went to town at my local high school track, I'm up to 2.5 miles running, and doing lots of abs, basically reshaping my body. This is extremely taxing mentally but I just take it as a challenge and keep going.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

It sucks tremendously but it forced me to think outside the box, before this I was really rolling, I was doing reps of 455 x 4 and 495 x 2 and was really developing well physically, now all that is shot to hell. I just let all of that go and went to town at my local high school track, I'm up to 2.5 miles running, and doing lots of abs, basically reshaping my body. This is extremely taxing mentally but I just take it as a challenge and keep going.

Please tell me that’s not your bench 🤦‍♂️ 😭 

• Like 1

On 03/04/2020 at 1:52 AM, jyod21 said:

Why can't you go outside for a run? 

let’s just say on account of narrow footpaths and small town mindset the runners here aren’t doing much social distancing and i’d rather not have to swerve like a dope whenever i’m running past someone right now (as opposed to having them wheeze on me lol)

i’ve takes a leaf out of @Heimdallr‘s book and i’m ramping up my bike riding instead to get my outdoor cardio that way tbh; when you’re on the cycle people get out of your way it’s much more stress free

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

thanks... what do you recommend starting with? Singles right?? I usually squat 2 45s on the side, bench 185, Curl 40s etc...

I dont know. Ive just been surfing them myself lately since my woman has been loving working with them so much.

Might just weld some rebar to a bulldozer track roller and makeshift my own to give it a try. Give me something to do tomorrow while stuck home babysitting all freakin day.

Apparently, if you ran a marathon (A MARATHON) as an average relatively fit man, you would only burn 1 large papa johns pizza....

Weights for weight loss :D

getting good at pull ups right now, through necessity. Filled bags up with logs to do squats and raises with, found a heavy beam to row.....needs musts.

Edited by Hunter2_1