Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

If you guys want to improve your deadlifts/get faster/improve athleticism do ****** Grip Deficit Deadlifts.  I did those last week without a belt and no back pain.  Squatted wide stance powerlifting style yesterday without a belt and no back pain.  Squatted close stance knees over toes ATG last week without a belt and no back pain.  HUGE for me, life is good.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If you guys want to improve your deadlifts/get faster/improve athleticism do ****** Grip Deficit Deadlifts.  I did those last week without a belt and no back pain.  Squatted wide stance powerlifting style yesterday without a belt and no back pain.  Squatted close stance knees over toes ATG last week without a belt and no back pain.  HUGE for me, life is good.

I'll give it a try. 

Anyone know why I seem to always have issues with my rear left deltoid whenever I'm doing chest/tris? Maybe the left side of my body is overcompensating because for example whenever I do any sort of bench press my left side is always the side that struggles while my right side never gives me any issues. I strained it or something really bad on the weekend and it's still giving me pain

Edited by dtait93

5 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Anyone know why I seem to always have issues with my rear left deltoid whenever I'm doing chest/tris? Maybe the left side of my body is overcompensating because for example whenever I do any sort of bench press my left side is always the side that struggles while my right side never gives me any issues. I strained it or something really bad on the weekend and it's still giving me pain

Start at 3:00 for the stretch.

I'd lay off the benching for the week, maybe two. Do facepulls and band work (like external rotations) for a while until it feels better. Seems like one of those things where if it hurts, don't do it. If it takes over 2 weeks to heal, see a Dr.

5 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I use a collagen protein supplement daily. It's cheap and I found it useful.

I'd lay off the chest & front delt work for a little while. When you return to benching, make sure your elbows are tucked in when you bench and not flared.

57 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

I just finished my 14-day water + dry fast this morning.

I lost 30 lb exactly.

If you're overweight, do NOT be afraid to do this. Start with a 3-day fast first.

Man, give us a run down of this if you can.  14 days, no food, just water, correct?  How did you feel? Did it get hard? Energy levels?

I’m curious and amazed that anyone could do this tbh.  I’d be ready to kill someone by 2pm day 1.

Just curious as to the details and process.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man, give us a run down of this if you can.  14 days, no food, just water, correct?  How did you feel? Did it get hard? Energy levels?

I’m curious and amazed that anyone could do this tbh.  I’d be ready to kill someone by 2pm day 1.

Just curious as to the details and process.

11 days, just water mixed with some salt and potassium salt, THEN

3 days, no food and no water at all. I barely had any water contact at all, outside of washing my hands a few times.

Very little discomfort. Energy levels OK. You just can't exercise. 

I wasn't even hungry 90% of the time. After Day 3, it gets much easier. It's all psychological.

I'm taking the day off from work now. Just kefir, broth, pickles, and some natural juices for the next 3 days. Wednesday night will be my first "meal": Soup, salad, and a nice strip steak.

I plan to do this again, maybe for 7-10 days in early May. I've already laid out my eating program which involves fasting M,T, and F. 

I'm convinced, through research and experience, fasting is the key to life and long-term leanness and health.

Please check out the Snake Diet YouTube channel if you got a few minutes.

Edited by freak_of_nature
  • Like 1

I did 315 lb x 10 on the bench recently (425 lb max a couple years ago, I've been on and off lifting the past few years)  but was such an out of shape slob for the past 8 years. In my 20's, I thought it was all about "gettin YUGE", but I've wised up in my 30's. I'd like to do 400+ while weighing 220 lb. I'm 260 lb now.

5 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

I just finished my 14-day water + dry fast this morning.

I lost 30 lb exactly.

If you're overweight, do NOT be afraid to do this. Start with a 3-day fast first.

How much of that is pure water weight, though? 

I've put on about 30 pounds since we had our baby, and I'm trying to get back into the swing of it (very prolonged break from any sort of workouts before last week, and then when I did get back into some cardio and weightlifting last week, the DOMS were severe, requiring multiple days to recover....I hate being 36 years old), and while I like this from maybe a jump start perspective, it just doesn't seem like something that would be the greatest idea ever. I don't know. Things like this worry me. 

So I watched a few of that maniacs videos and I’m not going to lie, between the excessive f bombs the dude had some interesting points. 

His blood work and scans were impressive too, after a month of McDonald’s nonetheless.

I’d like to give it a whirl, but I feel like I’d prolly crack by noon day 1.