Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh, and fruits should definitely not be “free”, neither should some veggies, depending on what you’re talking about as some have a decent about of carbs.

im talking about nutrional veggies, so potatoes wouldnt be free

essentially, its a way for me to eat more veggies/fruits. 

1800 calories is lower than what i should realistically intake, so its a way to ensure that i eat fruits/veggies

Edited by MathMan

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I was going to comment on the fruit thing as well.  I would only count watermelon as a free fruit.  With vegetables, my rule is always that if it's green or a carrot it is free. 

Yeah, you’re not getting fat on greens and carrots and watermelon.

Considering fruits as free is crazy though, they’re all sugar.  Honestly, anything more than a piece or two of fruit is overkill anyway imo, dieting or not.

2 minutes ago, MathMan said:

im talking about nutrional veggies, so potatoes wouldnt be free

essentially, its a way for me to eat more veggies/fruits. 

1800 calories is lower than what i should realistically intake, so its a way to ensure that i eat fruits/veggies

The problem with fruit is they’re all sugar which spikes insulin which makes it harder to burn fat throughout the day.

Calories in/calories out is king, but there are other factors that can play a big role in how quickly and efficiently you lose weight. Insulin is a big one, it’s why people like IF/fasting and keto.

For those  looking for a quick home-made snack

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup Honey

1/2 cup rolled oats

1/2 cup protein powder (+/- on this for consistency of end product)

--Combine PB and honey, microwave for 20-25 seconds (2 times).  Do this separate vs all together to avoid burning the sugar in the honey

--Mix the PB and honey

--Add rolled oats and protein powder mix together.  Add more protein powder as needed until mixture is less sticky (pinch a little between fingers and nothing should stick to your fingers)

Roll into golf ball sized balls.  Store in container, no need to refrigerate.  

What are some good foods to have in between meals (for bulking)? I counted up everything for 3 meals I plan to make on the regular and it puts me at 120g protein/163g carbs/1500 cals. I'm not able to warm anything up while at work as I'm usually always on the go but I figure I can drink a protein shake before bed. I'm 6'4 195 for anyone who didn't see it a couple pages back that would like to throw me some more advice.

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

What are some good foods to have in between meals (for bulking)? I counted up everything for 3 meals I plan to make on the regular and it puts me at 120g protein/163g carbs/1500 cals. I'm not able to warm anything up while at work as I'm usually always on the go but I figure I can drink a protein shake before bed. I'm 6'4 195 for anyone who didn't see it a couple pages back that would like to throw me some more advice.

Shooting for around 40 or so more grams of protein, that's easy-peasy. You like eggs? Three of those suckers hardboiled (you can hard boil a dozen eggs at once and have enough to snack on for days) and a handful of nuts will get you there. There's cheese, yogurt. Remember if you're eating a decent amount of veggies you'll get some plant protein too.

Protein shake isn't a bad call but keep it simple and don't trick yourself by sliding a bunch of crap in there. I have a buddy who is pretty fat, and since protein shakes are 'healthy' he makes one with protein powder, peanut butter, a banana, and nutella.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Shooting for around 40 or so more grams of protein, that's easy-peasy. You like eggs? Three of those suckers hardboiled (you can hard boil a dozen eggs at once and have enough to snack on for days) and a handful of nuts will get you there. There's cheese, yogurt. Remember if you're eating a decent amount of veggies you'll get some plant protein too.

Protein shake isn't a bad call but keep it simple and don't trick yourself by sliding a bunch of crap in there. I have a buddy who is pretty fat, and since protein shakes are 'healthy' he makes one with protein powder, peanut butter, a banana, and nutella.

Yeah they're pretty good with salt, I just hate peeling those suckers lmao. And yes I made sure to count the spinach, broccoli, and lettuce in my meals. I really like yogurt so I suppose I could do more of it, though I am already having a cup of it in the morning in a shake along with peanut butter and a banana.

And as far as the night time shake I plan on keeping it to 1 scoop of whey and 1 cup of milk.

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Bro, you have it so easy.... more calories you say?

1. A bag of nuts.  Macadamia nuts and pecans are both high in fat, so they’ll help.

2. Boiled eggs are awesome 

3. A jar of peanut/almond butter and a spoon

4. Cheese 

5. Jerky 

6. Hummus 

7. Tuna 

8. Overnight oats 

9. Protein powder

10. Keto bombs 

11. Milk

When gaining weight is your goal, the world is your oyster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Almonds are my go to.

• Like 1

Yeah, gaining weight is literally the easiest aspect of fitness for me.  It's not even hard to do it in a mostly healthy way.  Eat some sunflower seeds for a few minutes and then look at the calories you've just consumed.  You'll be amazed.  Spoiler alert: 818 calories in a cup of sunflower seeds. 

On 4/3/2018 at 12:28 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, gaining weight is literally the easiest aspect of fitness for me.  It's not even hard to do it in a mostly healthy way.  Eat some sunflower seeds for a few minutes and then look at the calories you've just consumed.  You'll be amazed.  Spoiler alert: 818 calories in a cup of sunflower seeds. 

Holy, that's insane. I'll have to get these just for those days when I'm stuck at college classes from morning till evening.