(VOTE) What Should We Do W/ Picks 1 & 4?

Mind Character

(VOTE) What Should We Do W/ Picks 1 & 4?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. (VOTE) What Should We Do W/ Picks 1 & 4?

• Select - Sam Darnold and Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Select - Sam Darnold and Bradley Chubb
    • Select - Sam Darnold and Saquon Barkley
    • Select - Josh Rosen and Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Select - Josh Rosen and Bradley Chubb
    • Select - Josh Rosen and Saquon Barkley
    • Select - Baker Mayfield and Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Select - Baker Mayfield and Bradley Chubb
    • Select - Baker Mayfield and Saquon Barkley
    • Select 2 of Saquon Barkley, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Bradley Chubb
    • Trade Down from #1 for a Haul, then Select 1 of the QBs and BPA

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m telling you man, it’s just MC trying to reverse pshycologize his way into getting Darnold drafted.

What 6’4 dude has sub 9.5 inch hands? Cmon.

Haha that could be. I dunno man just check the interwebs pics of his grip on the football. Damning. His throws with velocity be danged. His accuracy be danged. I wonder if Goff has anything to add?  He’s obviously a miserable qb. 

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Who wouldn't want to hang with a gal that's a Browns' fan?

Oh no doubt. But would you wish some of these yahoos in here on your daughter?

Having said that I am single at the moment and can’t think of a single female that would be better to date than a Browns fan. She got to be loyal. 

8 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

But would you wish some of these yahoos in here on your daughter?

Depends which daughter.

One is spoken for.

The other two probably could and would kick their arses.

Warrior princesses.

Tougher than their brothers.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

There's countless examples of very classy actors doing black face. We got the great C. Thomas Howell in Soul Man. We got the Wayans Brothers in White Chicks. That was a very tasteful example of reverse blackface.

Cant tell if you are trolling or not

15 hours ago, Mind Character said:

@freakygeniuskid

Baker and Minkah....

Oh boy it's going to be a fun ride to April.

I'd bet by draft time there will be a Rosen combine interview story and all this other innuendo about his personality that reaches a fever pitch.

Josh Allen will obliterate the Combine and his interviews.

By draft time, the consensus of draft talk people and media will be Baker and Darnold as QB1s and Allen ascending w/ question marks on Rosen.

Probably. Gonna be insane.

My thing on the QBs is that accuracy (paired with adequate arm strength) is my biggest MEASURABLE thing I care about in transitioning from NCAA to NFL. Like, I care more about decision making and football IQ, but we can only give good guesses on those topics, we can't truly measure them. So with accuracy being the thing I care about most, and being this early in the process not really having a true picture of the mental side on these guys, then Mayfield is clearly going to be my favorite, especially since I'm not as scared by the height as I probably should be.

I think all three guys have elite upside, but I'm less scared by Mayfield's most applicable knock (height) than I am by Rosen's (lack of deep shots and inaccuracy when he took them) and Darnold's (Inconsistent accuracy and that funky, long wind up throwing motion).

Right now I'd go Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen. But that isn't a knock on any of the three! I'd have all three of them rated higher than any of the QBs last year and I'm super excited to have any of the three.

That said, if we take Josh Allen y'all are gonna need a new moderator, cause I'm gonna get banned for life and have to show up again as "oddbright20something" or some such.

13 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Haha that could be. I dunno man just check the interwebs pics of his grip on the football. Damning. His throws with velocity be danged. His accuracy be danged. I wonder if Goff has anything to add?  He’s obviously a miserable qb. 

It wouldn’t surprise me that at the combine Darnold has the smallest hands out of any QBs. Have you have seen his Uncle Jack, a famous lawyer on the east coast. He is practically known for his small hands more so that his law ability 

4 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Probably. Gonna be insane.

My thing on the QBs is that accuracy (paired with adequate arm strength) is my biggest MEASURABLE thing I care about in transitioning from NCAA to NFL. Like, I care more about decision making and football IQ, but we can only give good guesses on those topics, we can't truly measure them. So with accuracy being the thing I care about most, and being this early in the process not really having a true picture of the mental side on these guys, then Mayfield is clearly going to be my favorite, especially since I'm not as scared by the height as I probably should be.

I think all three guys have elite upside, but I'm less scared by Mayfield's most applicable knock (height) than I am by Rosen's (lack of deep shots and inaccuracy when he took them) and Darnold's (Inconsistent accuracy and that funky, long wind up throwing motion).

Right now I'd go Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen. But that isn't a knock on any of the three! I'd have all three of them rated higher than any of the QBs last year and I'm super excited to have any of the three.

That said, if we take Josh Allen y'all are gonna need a new moderator, cause I'm gonna get banned for life and have to show up again as "oddbright20something" or some such.

Hahaha...no, you can't go man....we need you, but seriously if we go Allen this place is going to be nuts...historic mass bannings.

I'm not mad at your Mayfield evaluation at all, and I don't even factor in the height thing...he's just a really good QB.

You're right Accuracy is key.

For me, the entire NFL game is predicated on accuracy & poise when the heat is on & chaos is swirling.

How a QB Under pressure & duress processes the game, maintains fundamentals, uses movement/athleticism skills to find a throwing platform, throws a guy open, & shows pinpoint accuracy are all the driving determining factors for me in my evaluations.

Mayfield is accurate when the blitz is on for sure, but there is so little turbulence when he's in the pilot's chair and the pocket is so clean for him to operate under.

For shorter QBs, when guys start blocking the field of vision via a rush, a QB has to see and find throwing lanes. There's just not much available tape on this for Baker (at least not as much as I'd like) and it's mostly a projection.

I'd love to have indexed coaches tape of them sorted by blitzes, pressures, and 3rd and 6 plus and just watch that real over and over again.

Daniel Jeremiah recently watch all 3rd down and 5+ and pressure reels of Rosen, Baker, and Darnold and said Darnold was clearly the best and made the most window wow throws under duress than them all.

That (confirmation bias) confirmed my previously formed opinion from watching all the QBs.

Now, this year Darnold's fundamentals and mechanics got out of wack under much duress.

It really all comes down to a belief or misbelief regarding what can be fixed and what is a core trait of the QBs.

Many believe that Darnold is so raw but uniquely gifted that his mechanics and the way he holds the ball in the pocket can be fixed and upon doing so he's the superior prospect.

Many believe you can't fix Rosen's athleticism or personality and you can't fix potential issues with Baker arising from his limited vision and height.

Who's right and who's wrong? It is definitely going to be a crazy ride until April leading into training camp.

Archived