(VOTE) What Should We Do W/ Picks 1 & 4?

Mind Character

(VOTE) What Should We Do W/ Picks 1 & 4?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. (VOTE) What Should We Do W/ Picks 1 & 4?

• Select - Sam Darnold and Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Select - Sam Darnold and Bradley Chubb
    • Select - Sam Darnold and Saquon Barkley
    • Select - Josh Rosen and Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Select - Josh Rosen and Bradley Chubb
    • Select - Josh Rosen and Saquon Barkley
    • Select - Baker Mayfield and Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Select - Baker Mayfield and Bradley Chubb
    • Select - Baker Mayfield and Saquon Barkley
    • Select 2 of Saquon Barkley, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Bradley Chubb
    • Trade Down from #1 for a Haul, then Select 1 of the QBs and BPA

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we could secure a 1st next year and draft in the teen this year and some hefy change it would be worth it. 

the only player I want at 4 is Barkley. 

At 6 or lower Im happy with some other dudes like Ward, Fitzpatrick, Brown and others. 

I just do not see Barkley as so much better than a host of RBs that we can get in the 2nd.

I am preaching, I know, but AZ (#15), imho is the perfect QB-needy partner to get us value in a trade-down.

Dearest FF Browns Board members,

I, Mind Character, hereby resign from my post as President of the Bradley Chubb at number 4 overall bandwagon/fan club. I have again reviewed the full body of work of Saquon Barkley. Minkah Fitzpatrick, Bradley Chubb, and Carlton Davis.... and so it is with a heavy heart and apologies to Mr. Chubb that I am now seeking office as the sole Representative/Chairman of the trade down a few spots and select Carlton Davis ( b/c he's both a top-5 talent and best CB talent in the draft) fan club.  If such a position be untenable, I will settle for a secondary option by throwing my name in the running for the already popular position of President of the Saquon Barkley at number 4 overall fan club/bandwagon.

My resignation should not be taken as a slight to Mr. Chubb and his talents. It's just at this time it seems Carlton Davis is the sh*t so I'm jumping ship.

Sincerely yours,

Mind Charater

46 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I just do not see Barkley as so much better than a host of RBs that we can get in the 2nd.

I am preaching, I know, but AZ (#15), imho is the perfect QB-needy partner to get us value in a trade-down.

That is wise. But I want the rb. 

I think it could our fastest way to getting w’s

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Dearest FF Browns Board members,

I, Mind Character, hereby resign from my post as President of the Bradley Chubb at number 4 overall bandwagon/fan club. I have again reviewed the full body of work of Saquon Barkley. Minkah Fitzpatrick, Bradley Chubb, and Carlton Davis.... and so it is with a heavy heart and apologies to Mr. Chubb that I am now seeking office as the sole Representative/Chairman of the trade down a few spots and select Carlton Davis ( b/c he's both a top-5 talent and best CB talent in the draft) fan club.  If such a position be untenable, I will settle for a secondary option by throwing my name in the running for the already popular position of President of the Saquon Barkley at number 4 overall fan club/bandwagon.

My resignation should not be taken as a slight to Mr. Chubb and his talents. It's just at this time it seems Carlton Davis is the sh*t so I'm jumping ship.

Sincerely yours,

Mind Charater

Don't say Mr. Chubb ever again. It sounds like the nasty nickname that Weinstein gave his little member during his late night assaults of actresses. 

But I am with you on Davis. And even though I don't see him being taken that early, If we get to trade back a little bit and get additional picks in the process, I'll grab him a little earlier than I think most would project him to fall. 

Unfortunately, you left out the most likely scenario, that Dorsey trades the #4 pick to a QB desperate team but no lower than a top 10 pick which could open up quite a few new scenarios. I believe he will draft Offense, offense and more offense, so a Darnold/Guice scenario is even possible if no WR or LT appeals to him???

Darnold and Barkley.

QB at 1 is without question and in my humble opinion, Saquon is the best player in the draft. We need true, offensive star power, big play ability and touchdows like crazy and where better to have it than in the 'QBs Best Friend'.

Sam Darnold's surrounding cast:

LT - Joe Thomas (A+ player if healthy)

RB - Saquon Barkley (A+ player on potential)

WR - Josh Gordon (A+ player if he plays)

Additional talent in first rounders Corey Coleman and David Njoku. Another very good player in Duke Johnson. And some solid guards in Joel Bitonio and Kevin Zeitler.

You couldn't ask for more as a rookie QB. We could then use many of our other high picks on defense, to add to a unit that already has some very good players waiting to put it altogether.

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Have a feeling Buffalo might pay big time for our #4 pick.

As long as we take Darnold at 1, I don’t think I’d really care.

As long as they pony up the picks, and we'd darn well better be getting more than just 21 and 22 this year.

Try 21, 22, 2019 2, 2019 1st. 

I'm not interested in two middle tier/lower tier 1st round prospects for a pick that's one of if not the best position players in the entire draft. Also, I have a feeling that #4 will also have the Broncos/Jets potentially interested if Rosen OR Mayfield are available and if Elway/the NY Jets like Josh Allen as well.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

As long as they pony up the picks, and we'd darn well better be getting more than just 21 and 22 this year.

Try 21, 22, 2019 2, 2019 1st. 

I'm not interested in two middle tier/lower tier 1st round prospects for a pick that's one of if not the best position players in the entire draft. Also, I have a feeling that #4 will also have the Broncos/Jets potentially interested if Rosen OR Mayfield are available and if Elway/the NY Jets like Josh Allen as well.

And even then we'd better use some of our ammo to move back up and take an absolute stud. I'm sick of trading away the Julio Jonses and Wentzes of the world for the Phil Taylors and Corey Colemans.

On 1/10/2018 at 7:49 AM, Aztec Hammer said:

Darnold and Barkley.

QB at 1 is without question and in my humble opinion, Saquon is the best player in the draft. We need true, offensive star power, big play ability and touchdows like crazy and where better to have it than in the 'QBs Best Friend'.

Sam Darnold's surrounding cast:

LT - Joe Thomas (A+ player if healthy)

RB - Saquon Barkley (A+ player on potential)

WR - Josh Gordon (A+ player if he plays)

Additional talent in first rounders Corey Coleman and David Njoku. Another very good player in Duke Johnson. And some solid guards in Joel Bitonio and Kevin Zeitler.

You couldn't ask for more as a rookie QB. We could then use many of our other high picks on defense, to add to a unit that already has some very good players waiting to put it altogether.

Well you could get greedy and ask for a top 10 Defense on top of all that...........wait.....already got that too.....;)

How about this

why can’t we trade up back into the top 10? 

Lets say draft goes

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Chubb

4. Barkley

5.Baker Mayfield 

6. Josh Allen

How much would it take to get from 33 to 7? 

Lets say we do 33, 35 and a 4th

Then you could come away with 

Darnold 

Barkley

AND Kirkpatrick

And still have the eagles pick and your 3rd rounder 

48 minutes ago, brownie man said:

How about this

why can’t we trade up back into the top 10? 

Lets say draft goes

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Chubb

4. Barkley

5.Baker Mayfield 

6. Josh Allen

How much would it take to get from 33 to 7? 

Lets say we do 33, 35 and a 4th

Then you could come away with 

Darnold 

Barkley

AND Kirkpatrick

And still have the eagles pick and your 3rd rounder 

It would take a crap ton more than that. Moving up that much for a non-QB just isn't worth it. Even for a guy I love like Fitzpatrick.

If I were the GM, I'm taking Barkley at 1, and Fitzpatrick at 4. Gives us the best offensive and defensive players in this draft. Sadly, I don't see Dorsey passing up on a QB. It's understandable, but gosh I'd love to add both Minkah and Saquon to this roster. Immediate and long term impacts of both are far more likely than any of the QB's we could take at 1 or 4.

Archived