(VOTE) What Should We Do W/ Picks 1 & 4?

Mind Character

(VOTE) What Should We Do W/ Picks 1 & 4?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. (VOTE) What Should We Do W/ Picks 1 & 4?

• Select - Sam Darnold and Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Select - Sam Darnold and Bradley Chubb
    • Select - Sam Darnold and Saquon Barkley
    • Select - Josh Rosen and Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Select - Josh Rosen and Bradley Chubb
    • Select - Josh Rosen and Saquon Barkley
    • Select - Baker Mayfield and Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Select - Baker Mayfield and Bradley Chubb
    • Select - Baker Mayfield and Saquon Barkley
    • Select 2 of Saquon Barkley, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Bradley Chubb
    • Trade Down from #1 for a Haul, then Select 1 of the QBs and BPA

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If Chubb does well at the combine, I expect him to generate serious buzz at pick 4. Ogbah and Nassib can be our effort rotational guys. Barkley will be a Colt imo. He’d take hits away from Andrew Luck and give him another weapon.

So in my scenario it’s Fitzpatrick vs Chubb.

I'm almost hoping for Barkley because I think he would be the pick over Fitz and Chubb and I think he can be great.  RB still scares me that high, but a good one can take the pressure off of an inexperienced QB. 

Chubb to me is a top 5 pick but would he be a luxury pick to us if Fitz is there too with a much higher positional need?

3 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

That doesn’t make throwing INT’s a good thing

Who said it did?

What it does tell me is that interception issues in college aren't the end of the world for prospects.

I find it quite funny how Darnold is getting killed in the mass media for being an interception machine when Rosen has similar, if not worse INT numbers. Watson didn't get killed for throwing more than him. Goff didn't get killed for throwing the same number his final season. Garoppolo isn't getting grief now for throwing one per game since he's been in SF. It seems like once it's tagged onto a guy, that's him stuck with the narrative. Never mind a good number of those picks hit the receiver square in his hands etc.

There are a couple of things that worry me about Darnold. His interception rate isn't really a concern for me.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

There are a couple of things that worry me about Darnold. His interception rate isn't really a concern for me.

Yeah, I would agree with this. His throwing motion is a minor concern to me. His mechanical breakdowns are a concern. His INTs are only a concern as far as a few of them were evidence of the fact that he's still only so-so at reading defenses.

Also, you brought up Jimmy G, and HOLY COW I forgot how insane his senior year was. Including playoffs, he had 53 PASSING TDs (!) to 9 INTs. Good grief. And that wasn't on some spread-shotgun 70 throws a game system either, he only threw it 40 times a game! If Garoppolo had come out this year, he'd be a top five pick because of Wentz's success, but at that point everyone was still suuuuuper wary of a D2 QB.

4 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I'm almost hoping for Barkley because I think he would be the pick over Fitz and Chubb and I think he can be great.  RB still scares me that high, but a good one can take the pressure off of an inexperienced QB. 

Chubb to me is a top 5 pick but would he be a luxury pick to us if Fitz is there too with a much higher positional need?

As I said, it really depends on the combine for Chubb. If he tests really well, I think he’s the pick. He doesn’t have to be the most athletic defensive end, but he has to be very good.

4 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Yes, but I subscribe to a build on your strengths approach to building a team, and DL is a very strong positional group.

Not sure Fitz is all he is cracked up to be, or that he only is.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

As I said, it really depends on the combine for Chubb. If he tests really well, I think he’s the pick. He doesn’t have to be the most athletic defensive end, but he has to be very good.

I think either way, this is where we trade down and haul in some additional 2018 and 2019 picks.

Still saying that AZ is our beach.

The thing about nickel CB/S like Minkah is no matter how great they are....they can be schemed out of major impact if a team gets pass happy down the field.

He didn't cover their WR1 or their WR2 the entire game. They used him twice I think on the boundary as a blitzing CB.

Georgia doesnt use a TE heavily or and threw on the outside a lot so he wasn't involved in impacting those plays.

He did show up as he does in run support.

If we draft him, it has to be as our starting SS...thereby under utilizing Jabrill to his talent strength, but Jabrill really did range well in the pass as a FS at times.

The combo of FS Peppers and SS Minkah is a stronger combo than FS Minkah and SS Peppers.

We have 3 good LBs so playing Minkah or Jabrill as a nickel box supporter playmaker isn't realistic.

I love Minkah...he's really good...his intangibles are off the charts, but with each passing day I'm further away from the thought of taking him top 5.

The impact of a CB1 boundary player via a trade down a few spots for a player like Carlton Davis is likely a better proposition.

Saquon Barkley if he's there at 4, Bradley Chubb at 4, or trade down and select CB1 Carlton Davis...those options are becoming even more clear.

As much as Irsay supposedly wants Barkley...you'd have to think the QB market is going to get so crazy that someone out of the Jets or Broncos is going to make him an offer he can't refuse to come up and get the 3rd QB.

That's our only way of getting Barkley..chances are thin.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

He'll have Joey Bosa combine numbers and like Bosa the scuttlebutt will be " I don't know if he's really worth a top 5" Mel Kiper like he did with Bosa knock Bosa down a few spots b/c of he's "probably not explosive enough to be the all pro you'd take top 5 and feel great about."

To be clear, Chubb is not in the Bosa tier of DE prospects, but he will be stronger and probably a little more athletic, but don't expect to be wowed or blown away at the combine and more importantly don't change your opinion of him based on the underwear olympic results.

Name                   School          Height       Weight      40-yard dash        Bench          Vertical        Broad       3-cone         Short shuttle
Joey Bosa            Ohio State      6'5              269           4.86                         24                  32"               10'0"         6.89                4.21       

I like three of our corners. mcCourty, BBC and Jordan. but we need to upgrade at least one of them, two really. 

I would like to give BBC and McCourty a go at FS. they are smart players with average athleticism. Which can make for a decent FS. 

Saquon or trade down.

Like Mind, I am souring on the idea of taking Minkah at 4. Nothing to do with him being a bad player, just that I'm watching him in games and I can't decipher a stable position nor a huge amount of impact from him.

I need to watch Chubb. Feel like we've already got Garrett and Ogbah off the edges, but a great player is a great player, so I'll have a look.

18 hours ago, Mind Character said:

To be clear, Chubb is not in the Bosa tier of DE prospects,

For that matter, what player on either side of the LOS is Bosa tier?

Other than maybe Barkley, I do not see any, much less any at #4.

This a trade down opportunity to a team that needs a QB waiting to happen.

24 minutes ago, bruceb said:

For that matter, what player on either side of the LOS is Bosa tier?

Other than maybe Barkley, I do not see any, much less any at #4.

This a trade down opportunity to a team that needs a QB waiting to happen.

If we could secure a 1st next year and draft in the teen this year and some hefy change it would be worth it. 

the only player I want at 4 is Barkley. 

At 6 or lower Im happy with some other dudes like Ward, Fitzpatrick, Brown and others. 

Archived