10 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Travis Frederick

- Not an upcoming FA
- Not under his BDL rookie contract
- Not RFA eligible
- Didn't just sign a new NFL contract
- Not under his BDL rookie contract
- Not under the NFL franchise tag

Explain to me how he's eligible to be 3upped again?

You're right.  Good luck arguing with the everyone is an upcoming free agent logic though.  Lol

5 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

You're right.  Good luck arguing with the everyone is an upcoming free agent logic though.  Lol

Yeah reading through the guidelines....some of the wording has some massive loopholes. I won't say what but there's one that you could get a 4th 3up out of. 

23 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Upcoming Free Agent is not a defined term. Technically all players are always upcoming FA.

19 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Exactly. The only time you aren't an upcoming FA is when you are an:

1. Upcoming RFA

or

2. FA

Oh c'mon now. xDxD

I'm just arguing because there's nothing else going on in the BDL right now but are you two seriously trying to play dumb on the "definition" of an upcoming FA?

54 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Oh c'mon now. xDxD

I'm just arguing because there's nothing else going on in the BDL right now but are you two seriously trying to play dumb on the "definition" of an upcoming FA?

It's totally silly, the obvious meaning of it is that the player has one year remaining on the contract and will be a free agent after the year.  People gone rogue though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I was right there with you until I saw the vote on limiting 3 Ups to players with 0 or 1 year left on their deals get shot down.

I rejected it that for one reason only. If a rookie is on the 3rd year of his BDL 5yr rookie deal and signs an extension IRL, limiting the 3ups to 0 or 1 yr contracts would forbid the owner to resign that rookie and avoid the Pheltz rule. 

I believe the Pheltz rule only really effect like 4 players a year and we don't really need a rule that applies to so few players. I'll be campaigning to remove it next meeting. The bad taste it leaves in people's mouths isn't worth the minimal difference in Cap space it penalizes people.

Lukic would’ve already got approved if Frederick was getting paid more. 

As stated before increasing years on the same per year is not going to work. Nevermind he’s one of the elite players at his position, and entering the prime of his career. If that contract is still available when Frederick’s deal expires, Lukic can 3 up him with zero rebuttals from the committee.

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Sub-500 Cuts

CB Tracy Howard - 500
S Marqui Christian - 500
LB Justin March-Lillard - 500
Edge Howard Jones - 500
OG Cole Turner - 500
WR Jalin Marshall - 500
WR Malachi Dupre - 425
RB D.J. Foster - 500
QB Christian Hackenburg - 500

Cap Freed: $4,425
Cap Space Remaining: $4,970

Edited by RuskieTitan

On 8/21/2018 at 12:48 PM, pheltzbahr said:

It's totally silly, the obvious meaning of it is that the player has one year remaining on the contract and will be a free agent after the year.  People gone rogue though.

This