Eliot Wolf New Asst. GM - GB Reunion in Cleveland

Mind Character

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Actually the only way I can see it happening is if Wolf thinks he'll eventually succeed Dorsey here. That he'll be groomed to eventually be our GM

Because in GB the guy Gutenkust who got the job is only 45 so if things to well there Wolf would never really be in a position to get the job

Dorsey is 57 not old at all really, but deff older than 57 so 5 years from now Wolf would be in a much better position to be GM here than in GB

Not likely.

Think of it like this...who gets the credit for what happens in GB now?

Before the league knew Ted Thompson was hanging on by a thread but it was Wolf and Gutenkust that were thought to be really holding things together and making an impact.

Now, that credit goes to Gutenkust and Russ Ball.

If Cleveland ever has any bit of success soon, everyone involved is getting the job of their dreams. Highsmith will be a GM...and Wolf probably thinks that he can make an impact for which he can receive some credit in cleveland depending on the position offered.

The Cleveland job makes sense career wise.

Also, it's bad knews for Andrew Berry our shadow GM.

I think the whole successor to Dorsey thing will be the selling point. He’ll get to bring his dad along to be a consultant. Who funny enough was already consulting Dorsey. Probably a substantial raise I’d think. And the idea that if he, Dorsey, and Highsmith can turn this thing all three men might be canton bound. No joke. I don’t think Wolf or highsmith have ever really got to put there stamp on a team like they could here two top 5 picks. 3 2nds. 100 million In cap space. And an already talented but young roster. IMHO they could get this thing turned around rather quickly and be legends. I do however believe with three men and Ron wolf. They can convince Jimmy to stay out of the way and to can Hue next season to bring in an actually coach. Maybe it’s McCarthy like Mind said. Maybe Toub. Maybe we get lucky and grab Peterson from Washington U or David Shaw. But I think if we get Elliot it’s going to go along way in bring respectability back to the org. 

59 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Not likely.

Before the league knew Ted Thompson was hanging on by a thread but it was Wolf and Gutenkust that were thought to be really holding things together and making an impact.

If Cleveland ever has any bit of success soon, everyone involved is getting the job of their dreams. Highsmith will be a GM...and Wolf probably thinks that he can make an impact for which he can receive some credit in cleveland depending on the position offered.

Yeah doesn’t look good for Berry, one would think he is on the outer now 

42 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

25_funny_85_bad_at_math_mouse_pad-r0231d

lol man u know I meant 45 that bama game was going on I wasnt paying attention lol

Hopefully we get Wolf it'd be alot of sense but alot still to happen

They gotta get this draft right 

This could be the singular greatest draft of all time these guys this right 

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

and Paul Depodesta. I bet ya he is applying for jobs at the moment. 

Hopefully not.

The Packers under Thompson used a lot of moneyball concepts, such as picking often, trading down as opposed to up, amassing comp picks when you couldn’t resign guys, etc.

I’m hoping these guys are forward thinking enough to realize that analytics has a place in a modern front office and they have a savant at their disposal.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

and Paul Depodesta. I bet ya he is applying for jobs at the moment. 

He knew things werent looking good when he realized, that they realized, he could be replaced by a calculater. Oh, no, Math-man! BANG! POW! BOOM!

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Not likely.

I agree with every part of this; my thoughts exactly.

5 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

I think the whole successor to Dorsey thing will be the selling point. He’ll get to bring his dad along to be a consultant. Who funny enough was already consulting Dorsey. Probably a substantial raise I’d think. And the idea that if he, Dorsey, and Highsmith can turn this thing all three men might be canton bound. No joke. I don’t think Wolf or highsmith have ever really got to put there stamp on a team like they could here two top 5 picks. 3 2nds. 100 million In cap space. And an already talented but young roster. IMHO they could get this thing turned around rather quickly and be legends. I do however believe with three men and Ron wolf. They can convince Jimmy to stay out of the way and to can Hue next season to bring in an actually coach. Maybe it’s McCarthy like Mind said. Maybe Toub. Maybe we get lucky and grab Peterson from Washington U or David Shaw. But I think if we get Elliot it’s going to go along way in bring respectability back to the org. 

Next years coach... Jon Gruden anyone? Finally, a coaching search without Gruden speculation. 10 years 100 mil?? Paul Brown just crapped the grave. Hopefully Sean Payton gets canned so we can match it next year. 

52 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Next years coach... Jon Gruden anyone? Finally, a coaching search without Gruden speculation. 10 years 100 mil?? Paul Brown just crapped the grave. Hopefully Sean Payton gets canned so we can match it next year. 

Peyton’s not going anywhere. Guys I want next year. Peterson from Washington U. David Shaw Stanford. McCarthy if Greenbays decideds to go a different direction. Toub from KC. OBrien if they let him go. Jason Garrett if Jones gets ballzy. Deflippo if he doesn’t get a HC this year. And possibly Wilks from Carolina. The only other broadcaster I’d offer a **** ton too is cowher. 

22 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Peyton’s not going anywhere. Guys I want next year. Peterson from Washington U. David Shaw Stanford. McCarthy if Greenbays decideds to go a different direction. Toub from KC. OBrien if they let him go. Jason Garrett if Jones gets ballzy. Deflippo if he doesn’t get a HC this year. And possibly Wilks from Carolina. The only other broadcaster I’d offer a **** ton too is cowher. 

Todd Wash is doing a hellava job as D-coordinater in Jacksonville. His D-line coach, Marion Hobby, does great work teaching passrush. He could be Washs D-coordinater.

Jay Gruden as his O-coordinater. BTW, in this scenerio, Jay Gruden gets canned by Washington next season.

Archived