GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

1 minute ago, SuperBowl=best said:

The defense can't score if there is no time left on the clock.  There was no time left.

Dumbest rule in our sport

I agree.  When there is no time left on the clock in the playoffs there is no reason to kick the extra point.  In the regular season that point might mean something as a tie breaker but otherwise it is kinda dumb.

2 minutes ago, SuperBowl=best said:

The defense can't score if there is no time left on the clock.  There was no time left.

Dumbest rule in our sport

They could have scored if they blocked the extra point and ran it back. In this case it doesn’t matter but could if the game was only a one point game. 

7 minutes ago, Pugger said:

But the game was over after the TD because there was no time on the clock.   

Right but hypothetically there could be a situation where the PAT could change the outcome. TD causes Team A to go up by 1 point with no time on the clock. Team B blocks the PAT and returns it for a 2 point play, winning by one. That could happen in regular time, but not OT

There probably should be exceptions to the rule, though, like in todays game where the PAT truly did not matter.

3 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

They could have scored if they blocked the extra point and ran it back. In this case it doesn’t matter but could if the game was only a one point game. 

I thought the ball is dead if a PAT is blocked.

Since it didn't matter, it shouldn't have been played.  The B9 is never played when home team is up in baseball.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

let's be honest, the saints real mistake was giving Case 25 seconds to win the game

should've known

I knew we were gonna lose then.  The defense proved all game it could not over those WRs, and all they needed was a field goal.  I wish we had ran more time off the clock.

1 minute ago, SuperBowl=best said:

Since it didn't matter, it shouldn't have been played.  The B9 is never played when home team is up in baseball.

Na, Saints lost a game last year on a blocked extra point returned for two at the last second.

Just now, SuperBowl=best said:

It used to be dead if the PAT was blocked but that rule was changed a few years ago to where if the defense blocks it and returns it to the end zone, it’s 2 points. 

But I agree, in a game like today where that slim possibility wouldn’t have changed the outcome, they should just end it after the TD. 

32 minutes ago, The Hitch said:

You are just repeating yourself ad nauseum. I also thought saints had a better chance but it's a team game. The qb that beat Brady Pats  in the Super Bowl was eli. The Manning that led the broncos in 2015 was worse than these qbs imo. They best the Pats. Purely on defense. The vikings don't have as good a defense but I think the offense is better. 

Playoff Eli is way better than career back up Keenum, and that Broncos defense was way better than this Vikings defense. Obviously anything can happen in football but I don't see any of these 3 teams beating the Patriots, and I haven't even brought up Belichick being the greatest head coach of all time yet either. He will coach circles around Zimmerman, Peterson, and Marrone who have 0 experience as head coaches this deep in the playoffs. The Vikings stand the best chance of the 3, I just don't see it happening.

Archived