GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Should be a great game.  I expect a fairly close game - too close to call at the moment.  I expect a raucous crowd, intent on payback for the bounty gate game, but you can’t discount Bree’s experience.  Nor can you discount the Vikings defense.  Both of these teams are stronger than Atlanta and the Eagles, so I anticipate the winner will represent the NFC in the SB.  Good luck to both teams, and may the better team win.

15 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

This is EXACTLY how I wanted things to shape up for next week.  While I have nothing against the Saints fans, there is NO other head coach I would rather beat in the playoffs than Sean Payton.  I would rather beat Sean Payton's Saints than the Packers, and anyone who knows me knows that is really saying something.  I think there are thousands of other football fans in Minnesota who feel the same way, and I'm sure the crowd at US Bank Stadium will be very eager to "welcome" him to our house this time.

Good luck to the Saints.  Here is to a CLEAN, hard-fought game.  May the best team win.

Funnily enough, Zimmer and Payton are good friends so while your entire fanbase may hate our coach, your coach gets along very well with him. :P 

Also count me in the camp that if the Saints lose I hope you guys win the SB. Allow you to move on from 09, and every fanbase outside of the Panthers/Falcons deserves to see a title at some point. Though I'm sure the feeling isn't reciprocated, Vikes -> Saints is one of the more one sided "rivalries" (read: hating of another team) there is. 

15 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Good luck to the Saints.  Here is to a CLEAN, hard-fought game.  May the best team win.

That's all I want. Even if we don't win, I'm glad we have the chance to settle this. Either the Vikings get their revenge, or the Saints prove they can beat them in Minnesota. I'm fine with either result.

51 minutes ago, joru1000 said:

Well if Keenum "unravels" I'm sure the Vikings could just put in Sam Bradford who had the best game of his 8 year career against them back in September.

bradford and teddy will only have done a handful of snaps in practice leading up to the game with the first team (if any), i seriously doubt either of them play unless keenum is injured.

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The Vikings fans are already building their excuse list to distract them from them their own misery. 

1. League doesn't want us to host and be in the Super Bowl the same year

2. League loves the Saints and hates the Vikings (see: 2009)

3. Brees is getting up there in years and the NFL wants him to better his legacy as a 2 time SB winner and a great humanitarian.

4. League wants to make two new Superstars in Kamara and Lattimore and giving them a Super Bowl in their rookie years will make that happen.

Archived