GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

2 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

You're kidding yourself if you think the Steelers weren't gifted a huge chunk of yards on that drive.

I'm still trying to figure out how that call changed the game.  Did the call allow the Steelers to convert the TD?

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

You're kidding yourself if you think the Steelers weren't gifted a huge chunk of yards on that drive.

I absolutely agree it was a terrible penalty, but it only put the ball at midfield....and your defense hasnt been stopping them the last few drives.   So claiming it "gave us" 7 points is pretty laughable.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Nobody - and I mean nobody - on this forum criticizes referees more than I do. Even on calls favoring my team. But you cannot do that. It would make an already long game even longer and add even more subjectivity to soemthing already subjective. How far do you take it? Do you ask the ref to go back and look at a block that should've been flagged for a hold in your opinion as a Head Coach?

Honestly, and I've said this on this forum a bunch of times, all of you fans screwed us from good refs after the Fail Mary. Aside from that call, the replacement referees weren't that much worse - if at all - than the regular refs. But after that play and the fan backlash, the NFL immediately caved and gave the refs everything they wanted; including impunity.

There’s definitely that. Fans gave the NFLRA all the power during the strike. It’s just painful to watch playoff games get swung by officials.

Archived