Recap of the Cleveland Browns 0-16 parade.

TecmoSuperJoe

11 minutes ago, kramxel said:

You could still do the charity without the parade.... seems weird to justify the existence of the parade with the charity.

Umm of course you could do a charity without a parade. Duh? Have you without a reason?  This just happened to be a reason. Who’s justifying anything?  Did you not get the lets be human part?  In other words skim off the crap that happened and realize that people will be fed because of this. That’s quite literally all I’m saying. 

27 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Umm of course you could do a charity without a parade. Duh? Have you without a reason?  This just happened to be a reason. Who’s justifying anything?  Did you not get the lets be human part?  In other words skim off the crap that happened and realize that people will be fed because of this. That’s quite literally all I’m saying. 

Sorry if that came out a bit too judgy.

I don't even pretend to understand what it takes to go so many years of bad teams and management.

My comment was just as an outside view, again sorry if that came out as offensive, I have nothing but respect for Browns fans.

9 hours ago, kramxel said:

Sorry if that came out a bit too judgy.

I don't even pretend to understand what it takes to go so many years of bad teams and management.

My comment was just as an outside view, again sorry if that came out as offensive, I have nothing but respect for Browns fans.

No offense my man. I was literally just wanting to get it out there that some good came from it. Not trying to justify. 

Congratulations Cleveland fans. You froze your butts off to show what a tantrum you could throw. After spending 16 Sundays in misery, you found a way to extend it instead of just moving on to something else. You showed your ownership you'll turn up for your team when there's no game and they're 1 for their last 32. Dummies.

Lions fan here. If someone had told me in 2008 they were going to a Lions 0-16 parade, I would have laughed in their face.

Now, reading this thread and finding out there was a charity aspect that was a success, that makes a difference. Good on you for that. But in every other way, you're chumps.

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

Congratulations Cleveland fans. You froze your butts off to show what a tantrum you could throw. After spending 16 Sundays in misery, you found a way to extend it instead of just moving on to something else. You showed your ownership you'll turn up for your team when there's no game and they're 1 for their last 32. Dummies.

Ownership actually took note of the protest, and it was pretty effective in raising awareness and making a stance. Former players like LeCharles Bentley pointed out as much. The sardonic point behind it, aside from "we sell out games and we deserve better" was that if things don't change, that may not be the case.

Lions fan here. If someone had told me in 2008 they were going to a Lions 0-16 parade, I would have laughed in their face.

Cool story.

Now, reading this thread and finding out there was a charity aspect that was a success, that makes a difference. Good on you for that. But in every other way, you're chumps.

Coming from someone with that username is really ironic. Next time try supporting a legitimate Super Hero with your username:

3ZXE0Ae.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=6220017\

2 hours ago, Superduperman said:

yeah, except for it turned out to be a pretty good/creative way to protest the haslam's ownership, not the state of the team.  it changed the mind of the local thought leaders who thought it was an embarrassment.  and hell, going 0-16 is embarrassing enough.  cant believe everyone's pissed off about a parade.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ownership actually took note of the protest, and it was pretty effective in raising awareness and making a stance. Former players like LeCharles Bentley pointed out as much. The sardonic point behind it, aside from "we sell out games and we deserve better" was that if things don't change, that may not be the case.

Spare me. I've been through it all here, people buying out billboard space, the fans showing up in the visiting team's colors, yada yada. Awareness doesn't mean squat, stances don't mean squat, shaking your finger and saying "we might not show up next time!" means LESS than squat.

You've already shown up for a team that's 1-31, why haven't you stopped already? And then you showed up for a stupid PARADE on top of that? Yeah I'm sure Haslam is crapping in his solid gold boxer briefs. Chumps.

36 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Spare me. I've been through it all here, people buying out billboard space, the fans showing up in the visiting team's colors, yada yada. Awareness doesn't mean squat, stances don't mean squat, shaking your finger and saying "we might not show up next time!" means LESS than squat.

You've already shown up for a team that's 1-31, why haven't you stopped already? And then you showed up for a stupid PARADE on top of that? Yeah I'm sure Haslam is crapping in his solid gold boxer briefs. Chumps.

You seem oddly angry about this. Haslam? Is that you?

9 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Apparently seeing your team win 1 playoff games in 60 years will destroy your sense of humor.

Take note of this, Cleveland fans. You better hope your team turns it around. Otherwise this is you in 32 years. 

Anyone claiming that the Browns fans did something wrong here are so clueless.  Browns fans still go to games consistently even thought they have won a single game in two years. The fans deserve SO much better, and them showing their disgust by having a "protest" of sorts is the perfect way to tell the Browns FO that they love the team but hate the losing. 

They could all just stop going to games, would that be better than this???

Archived