2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

2 hours ago, Lieker said:

Explosive enough. Sleeper Day 2 pick?

I would definitely say so, think getting him at 76 would be phenomenal. Be on the lookout for my mock draft in the coming days to see more (LOL). He was the 2nd highest graded safety in the nation by PFF, Zierlein & Brugler love him. Insane athleticism, upside, coverage ability, one of "my guys".

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Have to wonder if this is misinformation from teams. He missed games in the middle of the season. Not like he missed the final 6 with a severe injury. He played the first 4 games, got hurt and then came back and started the bowl game, and then played every game this year. Don't see unless we're talking about a genetic defect that was discovered how that could possibly be a remove from board red flag.

No offense to anyone here but any inside info that comes from WalterFootball ain't legit in my mind.

3 minutes ago, gopackgo27 said:

I would definitely say so, think getting him at 76 would be phenomenal. Be on the lookout for my mock draft in the coming days to see more (LOL). He was the 2nd highest graded safety in the nation by PFF, Zierlein & Brugler love him. Insane athleticism, upside, coverage ability, one of "my guys".

11'1" BJ?  Well, we know he won't choke in the playoffs.

bde67e6b9cf80e05625b9ba2e2de6493.jpg

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Have to wonder if this is misinformation from teams. He missed games in the middle of the season. Not like he missed the final 6 with a severe injury. He played the first 4 games, got hurt and then came back and started the bowl game, and then played every game this year. Don't see unless we're talking about a genetic defect that was discovered how that could possibly be a remove from board red flag.

“Neck issue” if one at all apparently 

I would be surprised if there was another NFL team more conservative than Green Bay when it comes to neck injuries, so I wouldn't be surprised if LVE was totally off their board.

If it was a foot injury, it seems likely that GB would be less concerned than other teams, but we've had bad luck with neck injuries (and guys not getting cleared by the GB staff when another team might have cleared them.)

2 hours ago, gopackgo27 said:

I see a guy who's athleticism is going to get him over drafted. I think "Excellent" is very hyperbolic for his cover skills. Takes some weak angles, isn't a real great tackler, can get taken for a ride. Manipulated by the QB fairly easily, grabby in man. Obviously has the athleticism you can't teach but everything else is quite a ways off. But this is only in a couple cut ups on the youtube ...

2 hours ago, gopackgo27 said:

I watched a bit of him against Florida State, and I'm not that impressed.  Looked like HHCD this year.  Soft in run support and taking bad angles.

21 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I would be surprised if there was another NFL team more conservative than Green Bay when it comes to neck injuries, so I wouldn't be surprised if LVE was totally off their board.

If it was a foot injury, it seems likely that GB would be less concerned than other teams, but we've had bad luck with neck injuries (and guys not getting cleared by the GB staff when another team might have cleared them.)

From what Rapoport said he asked "one of the most conservative teams" about LVE and they said they didn't have anything listed for concern. GB is well known around the league as one of, if not the most conservative medical team in the league and Rap clearly has a reliable Packer source (broke Jordy's ACL mid game and the Graham news). Wouldn't be surprised if he is quoting us there.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I watched a bit of him against Florida State, and I'm not that impressed.  Looked like HHCD this year.  Soft in run support and taking bad angles.

I watched FSU and Tennessee. He’s a liability in zone coverage. Has trouble negotiating route combinations. He’s surprisingly good at shedding blocks but his tackling is no better than average. And, I saw at least two late hits in those games that’d definitely get called in the NFL. Once he sees things he gets involved in a hurry. Anything going on in front of him he handles well.

I’d like to see what film everyone is so jacked about. I see a lot of plays made at the LOS and a lot of plays missed in coverage. 

I’ll look at him more when I get to safeties in a day or two but I think this is a case of testing getting people overly excited.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

I watched FSU and Tennessee. He’s a liability in zone coverage. Has trouble negotiating route combinations. He’s surprisingly good at shedding blocks but his tackling is no better than average. And, I saw at least two late hits in those games that’d definitely get called in the NFL. Once he sees things he gets involved in a hurry. Anything going on in front of him he handles well.

I’d like to see what film everyone is so jacked about. I see a lot of plays made at the LOS and a lot of plays missed in coverage. 

I’ll look at him more when I get to safeties in a day or two but I think this is a case of testing getting people overly excited.

I feel like this is way worse than normal this year. Or I'm getting crotchety. 

Archived