2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Right he went at 10. Around 9 or 10 I would be willing to trade up for someone like Ward. 

Got it...I thought you meant trading up after. 

Boy I bet it will be a tough sell peeling off those picks from teams ahead of us. I mean, would we want to give up a shot at some of that defensive talent that will fall into the 8-12 range if we were sitting there?

5 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Got it...I thought you meant trading up after. 

Boy I bet it will be a tough sell peeling off those picks from teams ahead of us. I mean, would we want to give up a shot at some of that defensive talent that will fall into the 8-12 range if we were sitting there?

Eh depends on who teams like. Unlike the mock drafts that are seemingly everywhere I doubt most teams have the same draft board. 

1 hour ago, TheBitzMan said:

Man if the board fell like this, Gute better be on the phone trading up to get Landry. Derwin and Landry would be a home run draft. 

Thought the same thing...Landry is quite the polarizing guy on boards.  In most mocks, he is top 22, but on a lot of big boards, he's a mid round 2 to end of round 2 guy.

Lots of different opinions on him.  I dig him and would be fine with him at #14, but I'd much prefer him to drop to the end of round one or top of round 2 and we go get him.

53 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Ward went at 10 in that draft. If both were there I wonder which one we would take? (Ward, James)

You would have to think Ward, right?  James is just so similar to Josh Jones that I think his value will be lower in GB than most places.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

You would have to think Ward, right?  James is just so similar to Josh Jones that I think his value will be lower in GB than most places.

I think James is much more versatile than Jones. And in regards to him and Ward, I have James a tier ahead. I actually have James as one of the blue chip players in the draft. James is all-pro material.

How much extra would it cost moving up to 10? I’ll pay a hefty price for James, Ward less.

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Not that I want Jackson at 14 but hes a better football player then what his combine shows. Hes really getting a bad rep based on combine numbers but watching him play he is one of the most instinctual players I have ever watched at the CB position in college. (Might be an exaggeration). 

His numbers were great. He has a higher relative athletic score than anyone being talked about other than Ward. He's just a big guy and all the midgets look smoother.

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Thought the same thing...Landry is quite the polarizing guy on boards.  In most mocks, he is top 22, but on a lot of big boards, he's a mid round 2 to end of round 2 guy.

Lots of different opinions on him.  I dig him and would be fine with him at #14, but I'd much prefer him to drop to the end of round one or top of round 2 and we go get him.

I am personally all in on Landry and think he will be a star. His size and run defense are question marks for people which I do understand. I just think his elite athleticism and pass rush ability far outweigh any run defense issues. This is a passing league and elite pass rushers are hard to come by. 

Him lasting until the 2nd round is a pipe dream IMO. 

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The idea of James or even now Minkah Fitzpatrick is they would be GB’s slot defender. Josh Jones isn’t that... is what I think most think. Maybe in a pinch, but Jones should be a blitzer/ run defender.

So James or Fitzpatrick would defend slot WRs or Elite TEs.

4 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Does anyone here think we take a RB in the top 5 rounds? 

Only if a great value presents itself.  I'm not as high on our RBs as most because Monty and Jones were both hurt last year.  How does Nick Chubb with a 4th round pick sound?

Archived