2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If we run a Fangio defense, I want Burnett, if we run a Gus Bradley defense, let him go. I'd love to see Josh Jones play that Kam Chancellor role in the cover 3.

You've given this thought...is there any role that Burnett can play in a Bradley/Seattle type defense?  Cuz I don't see it.  And I really like Burnett.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You've given this thought...is there any role that Burnett can play in a Bradley/Seattle type defense?  Cuz I don't see it.  And I really like Burnett.

Dime LB, like Malcom Smith played. However they let him walk after winning SB MVP which goes to show that's a minor role on that defense and not worth a big contract. 

Tony Pauline reporting that Clelin Ferrell may not declare for the draft

Many believed it was a foregone conclusion the three eligible underclassmen on Clemson’s dominant defensive line would all enter the draft, as all three project as first-round selections. But we’ve yet to hear a peep from Christian Wilkins, Clelin Ferrell and Austin Bryant.

There’s a belief from some at Clemson that the longer this carries on, the less likely the trio will enter the draft. Scouts have been telling people they believe Ferrell will return for another season with the Tigers.

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Why risk the injury while not getting paid ... go get paid .. especially if you are a probable 1st round selection. 

Yea doesn't make much sense considering that hes most likely an early to mid round guy as well. He can't really improve his draft position much but he can sure tank it. 

Packers rookie pool for 2018 = 8,864, 072.  That ranks GB as # 8 in the league, while drafting 14th.

https://overthecap.com/draft

Packers invested a 5th round pick in Micah Hyde and are getting back a 5th round comp pick for Micah Hyde. As astute fan would call that a nice win for the Packers.

Packers invested a 4th in Tretter and will get back a 5th comp, another win for the Packers

Anybody else notice how fast and energetic #78 Trenton Thompson DT from Georgia has played the past couple of games? Monday night he looked extra quick to the ball a few times and made a sideline tackle that not many DL are going to get to at the college level and then he still had enough left to blow the guy up. He's had some knee issues this season. He has yet to decide to enter the draft or not, leaning towards staying, but based off of what I saw he may be ready to play with the big boys now. Anybody?

On 1/7/2018 at 4:31 PM, CWood21 said:

I disagree.  There was a LARGE group who wanted Corey Davis, and I believe @justo led the Forrest Lamp discussion.  Although to be fair to justo, I believe he was more or less talking about the likelihood that the Packers would take him.  And we discussed John Ross to infinity.

Yessir. Sucks he got hurt (could mean anyone here)

Archived