Who Needs A Quarterback?

alfalcone

7 hours ago, lod01 said:

They couldn't pass on Rodgers like the dummies in front of them. Had he not been there, they would have gone in a different direction with that pick. Then drafted a QB in the next few years. They got super lucky that everyone else was asleep in the 1st round. It's too early to think replacement in GB unless some teams act stupid again.

xD looking back at that draft.  The Lions took Mike Williams. WR Matt Jones went right in front of Rodgers and Mark Clayton as well.

Consider Rodgers as a prospect though - he was a risky pick. Tedford QBs had a bad rep of transitioning to the pros and Rodgers had some relatively strange mechanics coming out.

The fact he sat behind Favre for as long as he did gave him the time to fix a lot of his deficiencies long before he was ever the starter.

Rodgers wouldn’t have had the same career trajectory if Tampa had taken him at #5, for example. He’d have been Gruden’s guy and he’d probably have been elevated to the starting position long before he was ready.

5 first round QBs, a couple in 2nd/3rd round, Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor and Eli Manning (probably) are all going to be options.   Obviously, some options are more appealing than others, but every team should have a chance to find, at least, a decent stop gap going into 2018.

How I see it....

Cousins to the Jets.

Alex Smith traded to Cardinals

Eli IMO will be cut and go to Denver or the Jags.

Tyrod IMO goes to a Giants or Browns to compete with rookie QB early on.

Bradford goes to the Bills.

Teddy IMO could be resigned along with Keenum, but if not, I could see the Jags or Broncos signing him (whoever doesnt get Eli)

Darnold to the Browns.

Rosen to the Giants.

Allen to Redskins

Mayfield to Bills. 

Jackson to one of the aging QB teams (Steelers, Saints or Patriots), the Jags (if they give up on Bortles), or maybe a team like the Bengals of Dolphins trade back up into the first round to get a QB who can push their middling starting QBs.

5 hours ago, tom cody said:

I think my Colts look at a QB sometimes in the middle rounds this year given Luck's injury concerns.

Josh McDaniels looks like the front runner for the job. Maybe he will bring in Tebow to help out. After all, he traded 3 picks to nab The Tebowner. He needs to get a return on his investment.

“He has all the traits you look for,” McDaniels said. “It's a good pick.”.

Your Colts could be in a lot of trouble.

15 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Tyrod IMO goes to a Giants or Browns to compete with rookie QB early on.

Bradford goes to the Bills.

Mayfield to Bills. 

I actually would like to see the past  Oklahoma signal callers together in Buffalo. Either that or Alex Smith and Mason Rudolph.

Tyrod Taylor needs to stay the hell away from the Browns. Signing guys like Tyrod Taylor is the complete epitome of Cleveland Browns. Get an aged out player that is below average instead of drafting an actual good player at the position. Tyrod Taylor is the type of guy that's just good enough to stunt the growth of your young QB. I'd like to have the luxury of sitting a rookie on the bench, but not for someone as middling as Tyrod Taylor. I'd rather have Alex Smith in there...a guy that could actually get your team to compete while the young guy sits on the bench.

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I actually would like to see the past  Oklahoma signal callers together in Buffalo. Either that or Alex Smith and Mason Rudolph.

Mayfield is an awesome fit in Buffalo. But I think they'd need to trade way up to get him. He could be gone before the teens.

I also still like Nate Peterman. I think he could be the guy there if they can get that run game back to the elite level it was the previous year. Peterman is the perfect QB to have if play action is working. He's the worst QB when it's 3rd and long and you need to sling it into tight windows. He's a bootleg QB kind of like Jake Plummer was. Get him out in space and flood the defense on the backside of a play action.

9 hours ago, tom cody said:

I think my Colts look at a QB sometimes in the middle rounds this year given Luck's injury concerns.

If they're that concerned with Luck's injury, why wouldn't they just keep Brissett? Is his contract up? I would expect him to stay in Indy for as long as they have him under contract. They won't likely get much more than a 3rd or 4th for him, which to me, makes it not worth it.

18 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Mayfield is an awesome fit in Buffalo. But I think they'd need to trade way up to get him. He could be gone before the teens.

Bills will almost certainly have to trade up if they want to select Mayfield.  There's rumblings that Denver has fallen in love with Mayfield, and a package deal of Schurmer/Mayfield landing in the desert is another real possibility.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Bills will almost certainly have to trade up if they want to select Mayfield.  There's rumblings that Denver has fallen in love with Mayfield, and a package deal of Schurmer/Mayfield landing in the desert is another real possibility.

If the Browns do the right thing and get Darnold/Rosen at 1 and Mayfield is available at Pick #4, I hope that the Browns trade back a couple of spots and absolutely hang John Elway out to dry and rob him blind.

Just now, MWil23 said:

If the Browns do the right thing and get Darnold/Rosen at 1 and Mayfield is available at Pick #4, I hope that the Browns trade back a couple of spots and absolutely hang John Elway out to dry and rob him blind.

Still don't see a team whose going to make that trade up.  The only team that I could see making that kind of move is Arizona, and that'd cost at least their 2nd this year and probably their 3rd next year.  I think New York is content putting off their QB situation for another year, and continuing to build up that defense.  Wouldn't surprise me if they put out an all-out press to land Cousins.

50 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm in love with Mayfield

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Won't change what Elway did to Cleveland. Then Mayfield will just do it too.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Buffalo trades Cordy Glenn and pick 21 to Chicago for pick 8.

Bills trade pick 8 and pick 53 to Cleveland for pick 4 and take Mayfield.

Who says no?

@WindyCity @Rogerthat

Archived