Cowboys Draft Links and Meetings Thread

flyingmonkey30

Just now, Desperado82 said:

So uh...how would you guys feel about getting LVE and Bryan in the first two rounds?

Unless we traded the rest of our picks and 2019 to move up and select Johnny Manziel, I would say that is comparable to a Happy Ending given by Taylor Swift.

We get those two as well as somehow pull a fast one and select Hernandez, Price, or someone like that. Game effin over man. I'm dead just bury me where you find me I'm content don't worry.

19 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

So uh...how would you guys feel about getting LVE and Bryan in the first two rounds?

Like it for most part. Not completely sold on either, especially LB not named Roqaun Smith in rd 1... but mixing Taven Bryan with RM is hard not to like. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Unless we traded the rest of our picks and 2019 to move up and select Johnny Manziel, I would say that is comparable to a Happy Ending given by Taylor Swift.

We get those two as well as somehow pull a fast one and select Hernandez, Price, or someone like that. Game effin over man. I'm dead just bury me where you find me I'm content don't worry.

In this scenario Price & Hernandez are gone...but there's someone I'm still targeting who I feel could step in at LG and start right away for us.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Like it for most part. Not completely sold on either, especially LB not named Roqaun Smith in rd 1... but mixing Taven Bryan with RM is hard not to like. 

You're sleeping on LVE my friend. 

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

You're sleeping on LVE my friend. 

LVE is a good player. Can come in.and play right away...but doesnt really have that starlight potential that id be excited for. He would be Byron Jones basically. A good all around player who fits a need, can play immediately, and probably never be much more than that solid week 1 starter type. I like LVE. Id just rather have that in round 2. I want a homerun. So much so Id sell out for it and go all in on potential with a high risk high reward player, who may bust, but has the potential to also be amazing. We do need depth, and good players, but this team is sorely lacking in star studded firepower.

6 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

LVE is a good player. Can come in.and play right away...but doesnt really have that starlight potential that id be excited for. He would be Byron Jones basically. A good all around player who fits a need, can play immediately, and probably never be much more than that solid week 1 starter type. I like LVE. Id just rather have that in round 2. I want a homerun. So much so Id sell out for it and go all in on potential with a high risk high reward player, who may bust, but has the potential to also be amazing. We do need depth, and good players, but this team is sorely lacking in star studded firepower.

I think his potential hasn't been realized just yet. 

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I think his potential hasn't been realized just yet. 

This. He is a first year starter that led college football in efficiency. His weaknesses all can be attributed to lack of experience and he still performed like a premier MLB. He has shown the ability to make sideline yo sideline tackles, drop back with TEs and RBs. Besides blitzing which he steadily improved in. He is a complete LB with prototypical attributes. He is perfect for us. 

I wouldn’t hate the LVE pick, but I wouldn’t love it either. If he was on the ground less and I saw him taking on blockers more with his hands instead of one shoulder than I would be more excited about him as a MLB prospect. But he winds up on the ground more times than not once he gets bumped in traffic and it drive me crazy. That paired with letting NFL lineman getting their hands on him because he likes to lead with a shoulder is going to put him in a lot of bad situation. Hopefully for his sake it’s something that can be coached out of him.

Alexander is a position coach. He has input on what he thinks of guys, but the system, player styles, etc is still the decision of the coordinator and the head coach. If you are a prep cook or a line cook do youget to tell the head chef what to put on the menu? Same goes with coaching.

34 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Alexander is a position coach. He has input on what he thinks of guys, but the system, player styles, etc is still the decision of the coordinator and the head coach. If you are a prep cook or a line cook do youget to tell the head chef what to put on the menu? Same goes with coaching.

Not all restaurants are run the same though. You never know who is respected how behind closed doors.

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Wynn's tape is so gooood... Hope if they do that direction round one he is in the discussion

Archived