The Catch That Broke The Curse

ILoveTheVikings

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

A lot of people heard Joe Buck's call of the final play of the Vikings/Saints game, but here is an even better call, IMHO.  It was done by Vikings play-by-play announcer Paul Allen:

It's better with the video. I'll probably watch it a gazillion times. 

I thought bucks was pretty good too 

5 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:
9 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

A game winning TD with 0:00 left has literally never happened before. All-time historic play.

If this is your first NFL game, then yes.

*in the playoffs.

In the regular season, it has certainly happened before.  A few times just in Bengals games (for and against) in the last 10 years.

9 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Far from it we played the toughest schedules in the league this year.  Our defense and offense both finished in the top 10 and outside of a crappy OC from college would have probably been the favorite to go back to the SB from the nfc.   We played a solid game against the Eagles but their defense is fantastic.   Top to bottom their might be 4 or 5 teams better and more talented than us and we can usually hang with any of them.

Y'all lost to Nick Foles and over the course of an offseason went from one of the most dynamic offenses in the league to another run of the mill teams. You can have your nights for sure. But Atlanta was so wildly inconsistent I can't say they would have been anywhere near my favorite to get to the SB this year.

38 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Maybe it’s just taking the curse to the next level by getting your hopes up that the curse is broken...

Sigh...yes.

However, there is one thing that gives me hope. Rammy is genuinely rooting against the Vikings, and rammy is the most powerful curse in the NBA forum, anyone he wants to lose always wins. I dunno if this carries over to the NFL, but if there's anyone who can deliver a SB to Minnesota, it's rammy. If he can;t do it, then we're definitely cursed forever.

And I'm hoping that thru the transitive property, the Marvin Lewis playoff curse is lifted.  Zimmer is the first of Lewis' former staff to beat him to a playoff win.

And wouldn't it be nice if the distributive property was used to lift it next season for Marvin himself.

That play was awesome.  Sitting in a room full of saints fans and watching them literally have a stroke was kinda satisfying, especially after the pandemonium from the field goal twenty seconds earlier.   Glad to see Zimmer get one, especially after the heartbreaking loss that resulted from the the failed Blair Walsh Project.

10 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

A lot of people heard Joe Buck's call of the final play of the Vikings/Saints game, but here is an even better call, IMHO.  It was done by Vikings play-by-play announcer Paul Allen:

Team radio network calls are always better when that team makes a big play :)

Just now, AP_allday2869 said:

I think they mean as time expired in the 4th. According to KFAN, the Elias Sports Bureau also said this is the case though.

Yes...in the playoffs. Winning a game as time expires in the 4th has happened many times before. It's literally in the video I linked to you. Never in the playoffs until yesterday though.

Archived