gopherwrestler

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Jacksonville Jaguars
    • New England Patriots

Just now, iPwn said:
10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

^^ So what you're really saying the Jags might turn the ball over more then the Patriots in this game?

Sure. But given the Jags force nearly twice as many turnovers as the Pats defense, maybe not. 

No Doubt. Should be fun watching Brady duck and cover every other snap. The Jags have the one thing that has always proven to be the way you beat Tom Brady. Unwaivering Constant Pressure! Unfortunately the Jags also have Bortles who's just likely to even the odds back out with 4TO rather then 4TD passes. Fournett better be feasting in this game too. That's all I'm saying.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Yes, without question. Outside of the Defense that Running Game is what stirs the drink for Jacksonville Offense. Not the other way around being led by Bortles.

the question wasnt who they lean on, its who their best player is on offense. Fournettes a pretty good back that gets a lot of touches, however people sleep on lee because they dont pass a ton and they have a gaggle of guys to throw to. you cant include robinson in this cause he isnt healthy but westbrook has a chance to be be the #2 guy after him if he reaches his potential.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

lol based on what lol? Dont mention yardage lol.

I’d take Cole over Lee as well, just based on reliability of hands.

All four of our healthy guys average about a yard per snap though, so insofar as production is concerned, they’re somewhat interchangeable.

1 hour ago, AlNFL19 said:

This game is full of good matchups. Gronkowski vs. Ramsey is one we'll likely see a lot of, and I think both players will get the better of each other at times. I don't know if Ramsey can shut down Gronkowski completely. Bouye will likely be assigned to shut down Cooks, who will probably not be a big-impact player. In the middle, Hogan and Amendola could have another big game. If second-year wideout Malcolm Mitchell comes back, then the Jaguars will have to find somebody to cover him, Cooks, Gronkowski, and Hogan/Amendola. That means at least one Patriot would have a decent matchup, and we all know Brady attacks matchups. With the front seven likely leading to the run game being practically nothing, the Patriots' running backs will be used in passing roles. The Patriots' attack would probably be able to put up some. If Pittsburgh put up 42, I'd expect the Patriots to be able to ride matchup play to 24-30 points. On the other side, the Patriots' front seven is one of the league's lackluster groups against Leonard Fournette. An inability to set the edge should give New England troubles. However, they have some ability (they sacked Mariota 8 times!), and are good in the red zone and in "chrunch time." If Bortles can play well, the Jaguars can play step-for-step with New England in a game that may come down to... field position. Who has the better special teams? New England. Patriots are my pick, 28-24, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I really don't think they will put Ramsey (or Bouye, who some Texans fans have noted played well vs Kelce and other TEs before) on Gronk, or some other match-up. BB and Tom are elite at recognizing weaknesses. I swear, vs. Tennessee, it seemed like the first thing they did at the line was identify where Cyprien was lined up, move people around to put him on a mismatch, and attacked there. In that same token, if the Jaguars take Ramsey and put him on Gronk, yes you are putting your best cover guy on him (who is still a big question mark because of Gronk's size) but in doing so, you are probably tipping Brady at the LOS what kind of coverage you are playing knowing Jalen has Gronk man. And if Brady knows what you're doing, you're already half-beat.

My guess is the Jaguars will play physical at the LOS and then bail (typical Seahawks/Cover-3 press-bail technique) to disrupt some of the timing with the WRs, and trust that the speed of Jack, Telvin, and Colvin can do enough to challenge throws...get some PDUs, some tips, and hope you get some turnovers that way. I expect two players to always have eyes on Gronk, whether its Corner/Safety, LB/Safety, Corner/LB, whatever. 

Something the Jaguars have done a *few* times, but not a lot, is they move Church or Gipson down in the box, and play Bouye as a FS. A lot of NFL draft scouts/gm felt Ramsey could be an All-Pro FS too. He's such a stud CB that obviously, too much value there to not play him at corner. But are the Patriots one of those match-ups where you say, you know what Jalen, we'll put you in the middle of the field in certain plays in this game. And if Gronk comes your way, you got him. If Cooks goes deep, you take him. Use your speed, use your length, and be as disruptive as you can be in the middle of that defense.

9 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

dont be foolish, no hes not. he s a good player that can take advantage of opportunity, but if youre taking him over lee or westbrook youre just 100% wrong.

Lee is not better.

I think most of Jacksonville is ready to move on when he's an FA this off-season.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:
6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yes, without question. Outside of the Defense that Running Game is what stirs the drink for Jacksonville Offense. Not the other way around being led by Bortles.

the question wasnt who they lean on, its who their best player is on offense. Fournettes a pretty good back that gets a lot of touches, however people sleep on lee because they dont pass a ton and they have a gaggle of guys to throw to. you cant include robinson in this cause he isnt healthy but westbrook has a chance to be be the #2 guy after him if he reaches his potential.

Answer me this. Do they beat the Steelers without Fournett 3 days ago? Please don't say yes? How about if they had to play without Cole or Lee? Could they still of won? Fournett is their best offensive player without a Healthy Robinson.

Now if all 3 of those WR had someone other the BB at QB, the debate would be a lot closer.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

I’d take Cole over Lee as well, just based on reliability of hands.

All four of our healthy guys average about a yard per snap though, so insofar as production is concerned, they’re somewhat interchangeable.

I love some Hurns for how tough he is, but part of me wonder if the offense didn't take a dive because of his return and less of Cole. Cole is really the guy that opened up this offense when Blake was playing well. He had some mental mistakes vs. 49ers that proved costly, but when Blake is hitting Cole deep is when Blake has been at his best this season.

Oh and btw, it was against the Patriots where Cole probably started really saying "you know what, this dude can stick...". Would be a great great story if he is a catalyst with some deep bombs this weekend.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Answer me this. Do they beat the Steelers without Fournett 3 days ago? Please don't say yes? How about if they had to play without Cole or Lee? Could they still of won? Fournett is their best offensive player without a Healthy Robinson.

Now if all 3 of those WR had someone other the BB at QB, the debate would be a lot closer.

Obviously, we can't say if we beat the Steelers without Fournette, because its all speculation. But we did play three games without Fournette, and we were 3-0 in those games.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Answer me this. Do they beat the Steelers without Fournett 3 days ago? Please don't say yes?

Assuming we don’t healthy scratch Ivory, I don’t see why it’s an improbability. Our offensive line bullied the Steelers up front and there would have been lanes for whoever ended up getting the ball.

6 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

I love some Hurns for how tough he is, but part of me wonder if the offense didn't take a dive because of his return and less of Cole. Cole is really the guy that opened up this offense when Blake was playing well. He had some mental mistakes vs. 49ers that proved costly, but when Blake is hitting Cole deep is when Blake has been at his best this season.

We really only had the two bad games. Cole played 100% of the offense’s snaps in the Titans game. Maybe it was a part of the Bills game where he only got 53% of the snaps, but I don’t know. He only got 38% of the snaps on Sunday. 

I could easily see that Jags defense completely shutting down the Patriots. There's so much athleticism and speed on that Jags defense. On top of that, the Jags have a game wrecker on the interior DL. And there's no better way to completely blow up an offense IMO than a game wrecker on the interior DL. 

Feels like the Patriots will need to get very creative on offense to win this game.

I'm not so sure I would feel comfortable if I was a Patriots fan right now. Sure, Belichick might load the box and essentially tell Bortles to beat them. However, the Jags have been facing that all season. And they've won against teams doing that to them all season. And I feel that the Patriots defense isn't going to be the best defense that the Jags have played this year. 

I actually have Jacksonville winning this one.

15 minutes ago, iPwn said:

We really only had the two bad games. Cole played 100% of the offense’s snaps in the Titans game. Maybe it was a part of the Bills game where he only got 53% of the snaps, but I don’t know. He only got 38% of the snaps on Sunday. 

did he? I thought I read somewhere that the receivers all got the same amount of snaps(split evenly basically) vs Bills. And vs Titans, I thought hurns/Dede got more snaps than him.

Just now, Speedyg said:

did he? I thought I read somewhere that the receivers all got the same amount of snaps(split evenly basically) vs Bills. And vs Titans, I thought hurns/Dede got more snaps than him.

vs the Bills, Dede and Lee got 60%, Cole 53% and Hurns 52%.

vs the Titans, Cole got 100%, Dede got 98%, Hurns got 78% and Mickens 2%.

Archived