GWT: Week 20 Jaguars @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Jacksonville Jaguars
    • New England Patriots

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

I mean this with all due respect, mainly because you are a mod and can get me in trouble, but who the hell cares? Like I'm a Patriots fan. If we win the Super Bowl the narrative is going to be we cake walked and went through a Titans team that shouldn't have been there, Blake Bortles, and then one of two back up QB's. And last year it was the Falcons chocked. And two years before that the Seahawks should have given the ball to a guy who sucked in short yardage situations. 

Its not all bad for you guys though is it? 
The narrative when you win is also very often that Brady wis games and trophies pretty much on his own. Only a tiny ammount of credit is then spread out amongst the other 52 players to share between themselves.

As someone who hates the modern analysis of all game outcomes being entirely dependent on the qb play,  i don't like it but this narrative seems to be exactly how you guys like it. 

if the jags have Ramsey cover Gronk, who wins that battle?

if Brady has time and throw as good as he can, I still expect Gronk to have a game.  If they pressure Brady and he can't throw as well, Ramsey could make a few  plays and get an INT.  I am looking forward to that matchup. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

if the jags have Ramsey cover Gronk, who wins that battle?

if Brady has time and throw as good as he can, I still expect Gronk to have a game.  If they pressure Brady and he can't throw as well, Ramsey could make a few  plays and get an INT.  I am looking forward to that matchup. 

I think Ramsey might be the only player (or one of maybe 3) in the NFL that can completely neutralize Gronk as a pass catcher. He has the speed and lateral quickness to run with Gronk down the seams, the ability to go up and get his hands on the ball in situations that Gronk is normally able to turn 50-50 balls into 90-10 catches, excellent ability to box out receivers when the ball is in the air, and he’s physical enough that Gronk isn’t going to bully him the way he does other DBs. As Matthew Slater said, "The good Lord made that guy, and he said, 'Let there be corner.' And there he is."

But I also don’t think they lock Ramsey on Gronk until he carves up the defense otherwise, if they do at all. I think they have Telvin and Jack handing off to Gipson, or Bouye on him for most of the game. Won’t be as fun for the Jags to watch as Jalen on Gronk, but they’ll be able to get Jalen on Cooks and in zones to go after Hogan and Amendola, hopefully attempting to bait Brady into some mistakes.

Just now, iPwn said:

Why? My thoughts aren’t going to change whether or not Brady is actually healthy or whether or not the Jaguars will win. I expect this injury will have far more an impact on “optics” than it will on the actual outcome of the game, so I threw out a single post mentioning the fact after I said I expect him to be fine. 

You really don't have to worry about it. Jags are not beating the Pats period.

21 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Brady has had a broken hand? Why wasn't he listed on the injury report? Can the NFL suspend him before the AFCC?

Not broken, but he had an x-ray on it, so that tells me it was somewhat serious.  

The point spread just dropped by a point.  

40 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Not broken, but he had an x-ray on it, so that tells me it was somewhat serious.  

The point spread just dropped by a point.  

Most of the players said they don't think it's a big deal and Chris Carter is saying he thinks he's going to be fine based off of things he heard coming out of New England. I think its more of precaution than anything else.

5 hours ago, iPwn said:

I think Ramsey might be the only player (or one of maybe 3) in the NFL that can completely neutralize Gronk as a pass catcher. He has the speed and lateral quickness to run with Gronk down the seams, the ability to go up and get his hands on the ball in situations that Gronk is normally able to turn 50-50 balls into 90-10 catches, excellent ability to box out receivers when the ball is in the air, and he’s physical enough that Gronk isn’t going to bully him the way he does other DBs. As Matthew Slater said, "The good Lord made that guy, and he said, 'Let there be corner.' And there he is."

But I also don’t think they lock Ramsey on Gronk until he carves up the defense otherwise, if they do at all. I think they have Telvin and Jack handing off to Gipson, or Bouye on him for most of the game. Won’t be as fun for the Jags to watch as Jalen on Gronk, but they’ll be able to get Jalen on Cooks and in zones to go after Hogan and Amendola, hopefully attempting to bait Brady into some mistakes.

Honestly, this is Todd Wash we're talking about.  This defense isn't built on "sexy" schemes, and that's never been Wash's calling (at least that we've seen). I think they keep the game plan mostly simple, as boring as that may sound.

Archived