GWT: Week 20 Jaguars @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Jacksonville Jaguars
    • New England Patriots

5 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Overall Blake struggled vs the Bills. I don't think it would have mattered what defense they ran,  he couldn't even hit screens consistently in that game lol.

Also, keep in mind that playing man turns your corner away from the quarterback, something that Blake took advantage of vs the Bills (and a couple of times vs Pitt).

Between his mobility and the speed of Cole/Lee/Westbrook, playing man I think makes it easier for Blake to know what to do with the ball. 

Should be a good game. Good luck man!

Press Conferences done right, by Bill B:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22152684/patriots-coach-bill-belichick-barely-addresses-quarterback-tom-brady-injury

1.       New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick deflected questions about quarterback Tom Brady's injured right hand Friday morning, turning to his oft-stated response, "We gave out the injury report yesterday and we'll update it today.

2.      Asked for his level of concern about Brady carrying out his responsibilities in Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Belichick said, "I don't know. We'll see."

3.      Asked how much Brady's status complicates the planning process, Belichick said, "I don't know."

4.      Veteran backup Brian Hoyer took all the repetitions in Thursday's practice. "Brian does a great job for us," Belichick said. "Works hard. Practices hard."

5.      As for the limited practice time with Brady, Belichick said, "We're going to continue to get ready for Jacksonville all the way through until game time."

6.      Asked if Brady could be a game-time decision, Belichick said, "Today is Friday."

2 hours ago, childofpudding said:

No. Last couple seasons they've typically had a 4 DL rotation with various fronts and alignments depending on the matchup. Most common is 4-2-5. They've probably run 3-2-6 as often as 3-3-5.

I worship the Dark Lord, and have been studying his defenses for years now. Like you said, they use a plethora of fronts and alignments, and it changes weekly due to the gameplan. I was simply stating that it was their preferred sub package vs a perceived run call.

17 minutes ago, Carmen Cygni said:

I worship the Dark Lord, and have been studying his defenses for years now. Like you said, they use a plethora of fronts and alignments, and it changes weekly due to the gameplan. I was simply stating that it was their preferred sub package vs a perceived run call.

That's still incorrect, at least recently. They typically have 4 DL even against heavy personnel. 2015 was kind of a transition year after Wilfork left. Last season and this has been mostly 4 men on the DL

I wonder if Brady’s scared of playing. I’m not hating on him but he’s going against the best defense he’s played against since the legion of boom in 2014. They are going to eat and even though Brady is a great competitor he could be thinking about his future post FB. Just something to ponder.

EDIT: I know DEN D in 2015 was better but Brady was also younger than.

35 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

That's still incorrect, at least recently. They typically have 4 DL even against heavy personnel. 2015 was kind of a transition year after Wilfork left. Last season and this has been mostly 4 men with their hand down

I'm definitely going to disagree with you here, but don't have the forum evidence to back it up as of right now. Just what a watch and chart for games.

*Did you watch the SB?

2 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I wonder if Brady’s scared of playing. I’m not hating on him but he’s going against the best defense he’s played against since the legion of boom in 2014. They are going to eat and even though Brady is a great competitor he could be thinking about his future post FB. Just something to ponder.

tenor.gif?itemid=7356251

1403.gif

3 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Scared of playing?

Denver in 2015 he legit no receivers, no running game, and got DESTROYED in that game. Was hit and pressured all game. Still almost pulled off a win.

I can't tell if he's trolling or actually hurt. His voice sounded different, but he also smirked when he said "well see".

6 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

What?

34 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

That's... stupid.

Archived