NFL News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, Howler said:

Harbaugh could get fired if they lose today. That's an interesting name the packers could look at, if McCarthy fails.

I don't know.  Then they have the issue of finding an offensive coordinator, and since it would be a lateral move for proven OC's, then they are left with finding a more unproven guy from position coaches, or some OC that is currently sitting out.

Almost think if they replace MM they should go with proven offensive mind, and keep Pettine if they can.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

36 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Multiple sources are reporting it is his groin injury.  Schefter reported healthy scratch, but I am not sure where that is coming from.  Randall tested it this morning, reportedly gave the thumbs up, but the trainers didn't like what they saw apparently.

Interesting that Schefter calls him healthy, he has not practiced all week due to the groin.

gotcha. I'm neither pro- or anti- Randall, just thought it was interesting if he was indeed causing problems in other locker rooms.looks like that may not be the case

"Running back Tim Montgomery is inactive five days after being acquired in a trade with the Green Bay Packers. It was thought Montgomery might see action, either as a kick returner or part of Baltimore’s running back rotation. However, Gus Edwards remain the No. 3 running back Sunday behind Alex Collins and Javorius Allen"

Wonder what they did with Ty?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

But that doesn't answer my question, Lodestar. 

No one is going to claim him, he had an 8m dollar base salary, meaning you owe him 500k game checks for the rest of the year. He's probably worth 500k for all the games remaining. He'll sign a vet min deal somewhere this week.

Adam Schefter:

Players expected to return from injury Sunday include Leonard Fournette, Sony Michel, Khalil Mack, Allen Robinson, Quincy Enunwa.

Players out Sunday include Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Robby Anderson, Jamison Crowder, Chris Thompson, Ronald Jones, Darius Slay, AJ Bouye, AJ Green, Vontaze Burfict, Marcus Davenport, Jack Conklin, Joey Bosa, Sean Lee, Darren Sproles.

Eric Ebron has 3 touchdowns today.  In one year with the Colts, he has 10 touchdowns.  In 4 years with the Lions, he had 11 touchdowns.  Remember when I argued we should just sign Eric Ebron and everybody yelled at me because we needed to sign Jimmy Graham for three times as much money? 

Julio Jones got his first red zone touchdown today. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1