NFL News & Notes

Leader

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Mark Kaboly -   Najee Harris weighs 244. Look out NFL.

• Ross Tucker -  I’ll take players that lose weight over players that gain weight 99.9% of the time.

Disagree. If the Packers are representative, I'd say most linemen put on weight after they turn pro. Out of necessity. Alot of TE's too.

It's official — your 2022 NFL lead broadcast booths:

ESPN: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman
Fox: Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen
CBS: Jim Nantz, Tony Romo
NBC: Mike Tirico, Cris Collinsworth
Amazon: Al Michaels, Kirk Herbstreit

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's official — your 2022 NFL lead broadcast booths:

ESPN: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman
Fox: Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen
CBS: Jim Nantz, Tony Romo
NBC: Mike Tirico, Cris Collinsworth
Amazon: Al Michaels, Kirk Herbstreit

I'll rank them:

Amazon

CBS

NBC

Fox

ESPN

29 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Mike Tirico easily makes nbc head and shoulders number 1. Doesn’t hurt Cris as the ex player doesn’t really talk a ton.

Tirico is great but Al Michaels is the GOAT.

I'm not a big Collinsworth guy but I don't hate him. I've really enjoyed Romo's color commentary so that was a tough one to pick, that was the spot that was hardest to pick for me

PFT -  Broncos are Rob Walton’s to lose (and he still could).

As more in the media seem to be realizing that the Broncos will indeed go for at least $5 billion, the question becomes how high above $5 billion will it be?

The next rounds of bids are due next week. Four groups are expected to submit proposals. Ben Fischer of Sports Business Journal reports that bids are expected in the range of $4.5 billion or more. Eventually, the key word will be “more.”

A league source with knowledge of the dynamics tells PFT that the franchise is WalMart heir Rob Walton’s to lose. But that he could. As the source put it, there are other credible bidders at the table. They have the ability to pay more than $5 billion — if they choose to. The real question is whether Walton will have competition that will inevitably force him to go above $5 billion, and whether that competition will finally drive up the price to the point where Walton bows out.

It’s an auction, plain and simple. The dynamics are the same as they’d be in any other auction. The asset being auctioned isn’t worth whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay, but whatever the highest bidder has to pay.

With the Broncos not having the option to walk away from the table and keep the team, the Pat Bowlen trust has to hope that at least one of the other groups bidding for the Broncos will push Walton to and above $5 billion. That’s why it’s important for the Broncos to have the numbers move gradually, with no one being scared away from the process. If, for example, the three other groups decide right now that they’re not going to pay more than $5 billion under any circumstances, Walton ends up getting it for a lot less.

On 5/31/2022 at 9:12 PM, Brat&Beer said:

Disagree. If the Packers are representative, I'd say most linemen put on weight after they turn pro. Out of necessity. Alot of TE's too.

He's not talking linemen. He's talking skill position players where speed/agility matters and you lose that with added bulk- RB, WR, CB.     He's talking about players like Fat Lacy being less effective than little less red beans n rice and more cardio Lacy.

Chad Graff - 

Vikings WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette was on a scooter at today's practice due to a "lower leg" injury, but Kevin O'Connell expects him to be ready for training camp in seven weeks.

Za'Darius Smith wasn't at practice for precautionary reasons regarding an injury, O'Connell said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Chad Graff - 

Vikings WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette was on a scooter at today's practice due to a "lower leg" injury, but Kevin O'Connell expects him to be ready for training camp in seven weeks.

Za'Darius Smith wasn't at practice for precautionary reasons regarding an injury, O'Connell said.

I saw a Vikes video with Z running around all happy and buddy buddy with his new team. I wish the man well, after a miserable stint with Minnesota.