NFL News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's the thing .. he would have just rode the pines and carried a clipboard with McCarthy.

True. Saints have him playing QB / RB / TE / WR / Gunner / Kickoff / Kick Returner / Punt Block. Guys made plays at every position too. 

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It was bad. Real bad. Almost like he was running away from Saquon. Poor routes to the ball, you know, the usual with him. 

The falloff for HaHa is truly astounding.

He was decent as a rookie and a little better in year two.

I was convinced going into year 3 he was about to be the breakout player on D. Instead, he regressed and played with a complete lack of passion.

Then he starts talking about how he is gone from GB a couple of games into this season while not exactly tearing it up on the field.

He is not THE reason the Redskins are collapsing but he sure as H is helping that collapse.

Anyone looking for a fairly cheap free agent S acquisition this offseason?

34 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Watching the Dallas game wasn't Crawford on our PS at one time? IF so we made a mistake letting him get away, the guy is playing like a young Warren Sapp. The Cowboy D has been looking good lately.

No, he wasn't drafted in the 3rd round by Dallas and extended after his 3rd season for $9mil/year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I was convinced going into year 3 he was about to be the breakout player on D. Instead, he regressed and played with a complete lack of passion.

Then he starts talking about how he is gone from GB a couple of games into this season while not exactly tearing it up on the field.

He is not THE reason the Redskins are collapsing but he sure as H is helping that collapse.

It was a weird trajectory for sure. He was so solid early on ( had tackling troubles his rookie year I believe ) that naturally we thought he’d continue to progress. Instead he regressed.

I don’t fault TT on this one. We needed a Safety and coming  out he had all the physical tools and a high football IQ from Bama. Had to do it. 

We didn’t have a shot at either but I  wanted Shazier or Mosley that year bad. Haha was my 3rd.

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It was a weird trajectory for sure. He was so solid early on ( had tackling troubles his rookie year I believe ) that naturally we thought he’d continue to progress. Instead he regressed.

I don’t fault TT on this one. We needed a Safety and coming  out he had all the physical tools and a high football IQ from Bama. Had to do it. 

We didn’t have a shot at either but I  wanted Shazier or Mosley that year bad. Haha was my 3rd.

It's on HHCD .. he quit giving full effort and started making business decisions out there.  When we first got him he was an aggressive kid who would hit like a ton, and by the time we shipped him off he was playing charmin soft.  If he would have maintained his effort level he'd be looking at a nice long-term deal in GB ... not sure it's really where he wanted to be though.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}

38 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Redskins losing their top 2 QBs to broken legs has more to do with it. They also lost 2 OL.

Their defense up until this past week has played solid. Ha Ha hasn't helped much obviously. 

Edited by FAH1223